PDA

View Full Version : Exercising and dreaming

Buttercup
2009-Dec-19, 06:34 PM
I've noticed for quite a while now if I exercise really well, that night my dreams are very vivid. If I slack off on exercising (try not to), dreams are hazy or absent.

What about you? Do you dream a lot and more vividly with exercise? :)

hhEb09'1
2009-Dec-19, 06:45 PM
Actually, I've found that certain foods will cause me to exercise during sleep, and I lose weight and don't have to go to the gym in the morning. :)

cosmocrazy
2009-Dec-20, 02:36 PM
Actually, I've found that certain foods will cause me to exercise during sleep, and I lose weight and don't have to go to the gym in the morning. :)

You better get a book written and get this patented! :lol:

cosmocrazy
2009-Dec-20, 02:42 PM
I've noticed for quite a while now if I exercise really well, that night my dreams are very vivid. If I slack off on exercising (try not to), dreams are hazy or absent.

It all depends on whether i'm totally worn out or just still hyped up from the exercise. Its a well known fact that an active body creates an active mind so maybe if you only exercise once in a while it releases the natural endorphins in your mind and you get a bit of a trip from it that runs into your sleep time. Consistent regular exercise helps to improve sleep patterns, but sometimes when things are not consistent a sudden rush of energy and exertion can keep your mind more active than normal during sleep.

danscope
2009-Dec-20, 06:29 PM
Proper exercise keeps the blood flowing well,.... and processed.
Condition must be something of importance as you note in the quality of your dream state. It's working. Don't over do it. Low impact is good.
Broken ankles and bone spurs are not.
Sleep well and prosper.

Dan

sarongsong
2009-Dec-21, 05:13 AM
Question-avoidance syndrome? :rolleyes:
What about you? Do you dream a lot and more vividly with exercise? :)No.

closetgeek
2009-Dec-22, 01:24 PM
I never noticed exercise having any impact on my dreams but reading does, for obvious reasons, so does sleeping on my back.

NEOWatcher
2009-Dec-22, 02:28 PM
What about simply getting a deeper sleep because the body could use it?

Swift
2009-Dec-22, 03:10 PM
I can't say that's true for me. I sleep better, but I never noticed an impact on my dreams. I would say I rarely have what I would call vivid dreams, and I rarely recall them.

Fazor
2009-Dec-22, 03:14 PM
What about simply getting a deeper sleep because the body could use it?

I dream (or remember my dreams?) much worse when I get a deep sleep. My dreams are most vivid during light and often interrupted sleep. For instance, on mornings when I wake up every 20-40 minutes.

I started exercising more regularly a few weeks ago (slacked last week, but started back up yesterday and today). I haven't noticed any change in dreaming.

Buttercup
2009-Dec-22, 05:09 PM
I can't say that's true for me. I sleep better, but I never noticed an impact on my dreams. I would say I rarely have what I would call vivid dreams, and I rarely recall them.

I used to have endless nights of vivid dreams when younger. But in the past 3 years that has noticeably changed; I now seem to only dream after I've gotten a good exercise.

Actually I prefer dreamlessness; no chance of "remembering" something unpleasant while sleeping. :rolleyes: It's more restful obviously.

Fazor
2009-Dec-22, 05:12 PM
Actually I prefer dreamlessness; no chance of "remembering" something unpleasant while sleeping. :rolleyes: It's more restful obviously.

I love dreams. Even the 'scary' ones. The only ones I don't like are when a loved one is in danger and I can't do anything about it. But those are few and far between anyway.

danscope
2009-Dec-22, 08:16 PM
I seem to dream quite well after a day of heavy snow shoveling.
I even dream of golfing on a nice summer's day WHILE I am snow shoveling!:lol:

Dan

rigel
2009-Dec-22, 08:22 PM
Lately I have been having B/W dreams of dropping my snowshovel, getting into my car and heading south. Then everything starts to have colroful flowers and trees. I never seem to reach to beach before I wake up.

danscope
2009-Dec-22, 10:27 PM
Oh what can be the inspiration of such dreams of tropical adventure.
Surely...can it be....snow. Hmmmm...
Or is it the sweet call of.."Honey, have you finished shoveling out the cars"?

:)

closetgeek
2009-Dec-23, 01:20 PM
I love dreams. Even the 'scary' ones. The only ones I don't like are when a loved one is in danger and I can't do anything about it. But those are few and far between anyway.

While there are plenty of times I wake and find myself saying, "thank goodness it was only a dream," I love a goood nightmare. My most recent one was from watching The Gate...yeah The Gate gave me nightmares :doh: but that demon at the end was trying to get to me and my boyfriend and we were hiding in houses to get away. It was sending out these things that looked just like me, there were hundreds of them scouring the neighborhood. When it couldn't find us, it was literally ripping the rooftops off all the houses and when it got to the one we were in, I woke up. My heart was pounding but I had to wonder why, in my dream, I wasn't questioning the reality of what was happening.

rommel543
2009-Dec-23, 04:25 PM
Any time that I realize that I'm in a dream, I wake up.

I think my weirdest dream (where I realized it was a dream) was where I was in this huge battle. There was thousands of people, knights in armor, romans, indians, WWII military, all battling in the desert. I got up and yelled "Stop! I don't want to do this anymore". Everyone stopped fighting and watched as I walked away. There was a door floating in mid air, and when I opened it I woke up.

danscope
2009-Dec-24, 12:22 AM
And you woke up as a hero for piece. It is a good thing. Surely it is time to head to the bathroom.
May you sleep better.

Dan