PDA

View Full Version : moon

kelly
2004-Feb-26, 04:48 AM
Ever notice in many cartoons or movies, recently in BRUCE ALMIGHTY how there are super bright stars VERY close to a full moon <not Venus>, or stars within a cresent of the moon. Nice astronomy :o

xbck1
2004-Feb-26, 07:14 AM
Yep. This has been brought up many times before, and it's thoroughly terrible. Anyways, welcome to the board!

PS: no offense, but the pink lettering is rather hard on the eyes. Perhaps you could tone it down a bit? :wink:

Maksutov
2004-Feb-26, 07:43 AM
My favorite is the northern hemisphere evening shot with the crescent to quarter moon in morning orientation. :roll:

kelly
2004-Feb-26, 11:26 PM
Yep. This has been brought up many times before, and it's thoroughly terrible. Anyways, welcome to the board!

PS: no offense, but the pink lettering is rather hard on the eyes. Perhaps you could tone it down a bit? :wink:

Sorry Buddy, I am in a field full of guys, I think the pink adds a special womanly touch. hahaha :-({|= finnnnnnnnnnnne no more pink :(

Humphrey
2004-Feb-26, 11:36 PM

Sorry Buddy, I am in a field full of guys, I think the pink adds a special womanly touch. hahaha :-({|= finnnnnnnnnnnne no more pink :(

Tisk, Tisk, Tisk,.... [-X [-X [-X No, no young lady (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3985). :-)

Especially here (http://www.badastronomy.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=171812#171812)

Bask in the knoledge that you are not alone here. :-)

mike alexander
2004-Feb-26, 11:55 PM
Dictionary Of Omens And Superstitions by Phillipa Waring mentions that while boys were covered in blue (blue believed to protect against the evil eye) girls got no color until fairly recently. Pink was arbitrarily chosen as a marketing tool.

And welcome to the board. No color discrimination here. Except pink.

Unless Hub' uses it. Which is OK. For Hub'.

kelly
2004-Feb-27, 12:12 AM
Well I stand corrected here, after seeing the list. I was merely speaking from experience about the lack of female enrollment for University Math/Physics/Astronomy.. Go astro-girls!!!! And yes, astro-guys are super cool too. <within uncertainty> :wink:

Humphrey
2004-Feb-27, 12:18 AM
:-)

Oh and by the way, love your signature. My favorite book.

milli360
2004-Feb-28, 07:53 PM
My favorite is the northern hemisphere evening shot with the crescent to quarter moon in morning orientation.
I think I know what you mean here, but I'm having trouble with the idea of morning orientation. What would that be?

Humphrey
2004-Feb-28, 08:19 PM
My favorite is the northern hemisphere evening shot with the crescent to quarter moon in morning orientation.
I think I know what you mean here, but I'm having trouble with the idea of morning orientation. What would that be?

A moon with a sleaping cap on top. That or one holding a cup of coffie.