PDA

View Full Version : Where's the sun?

Mars
2004-Feb-27, 04:33 AM
I can't find the sun, it went down in the west this afternoon, and just disapeared! Does this happen all the time?

:o

Rc2000
2004-Feb-27, 04:41 AM
Went down in the west?
But --- I thought -- I coulda swore --- it's been setting in the east for years now.
Must be PX! :o
Or a GUBMENT cover-up! :-s

Rc

freddo
2004-Feb-27, 04:43 AM
I can't find the sun, it went down in the west this afternoon, and just disapeared! Does this happen all the time?

Wait for it to get light again, and see if it reappears... It's hard to see anything when it's dark out...

Mars
2004-Feb-27, 04:58 AM

Wait for it to get light again, and see if it reappears... It's hard to see anything when it's dark out...

I tried throwing large bags of burning trash into the sky to bring back the sun, they keep falling back down...now I'm trying to figure out why things keep falling back.

Maksutov
2004-Feb-27, 05:03 AM
I don't know. I saw the same thing, but to me it seemed as though the Sun was staying in the same place and the ground and everything was just kind of like, slowly moving...weird feeling.

Eventually the trees and stuff over toward the west moved over the Sun and that was that. :o

Celestial Mechanic
2004-Feb-27, 05:07 AM
Please! Don't feed the trolls! [-X

JohnOwens
2004-Feb-27, 05:09 AM
What? The trolls ate the Sun?!?

freddo
2004-Feb-27, 05:21 AM
I tried throwing large bags of burning trash into the sky to bring back the sun, they keep falling back down...now I'm trying to figure out why things keep falling back.

It's the repulsion force of gravity.

I think this thread is trouble, being in GA and all...

milli360
2004-Feb-27, 12:24 PM
I've got your Sun. If you want him back, it's gonna cost you. Shall we say, one million dollars, before midnight?

Eroica
2004-Feb-27, 12:42 PM
Shouldn't this be in BABBling? :-?

ocasey3
2004-Feb-27, 04:31 PM
Did someone say repulsion force?
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

JohnOwens
2004-Feb-27, 07:33 PM
That's repulsive!

Mars
2004-Feb-28, 03:33 AM
Please! Don't feed the trolls! [-X

Hey now, I didn't come here calling you ugly fuzzy things that collect tolls from little billy goats.

It's humor.

I could post something serious, such as:

Do you think life on Earth arose because of our spin and do you think the moon has an effect on it. Could that be why life is devoid on Venus, a planet of similar composition and density. The lack of spin and tidal effect of a large natural satellite.

Rc2000
2004-Feb-28, 04:24 AM
I've got your Sun. If you want him back, it's gonna cost you. Shall we say, one million dollars, before midnight?

*looks at clock -- 11:40 pm EST*

OHNO! Almost midnight! Anyone get the ransom money!?!?!?!?!
We're buried in over a foot of snow here and we NEED THE SUN desperatlely. I would pay it but my credit card limit is only $2000.
Rc

EDIT: Forgot quote. ooops

Nuther EDIT: Put PST instead of EST. I stay up too late. (grin)

Celestial Mechanic
2004-Feb-28, 04:40 AM
[Snip!]It's humor. I could post something serious, such as: [Snip!]
Then why don't you? And if you want to start a humor-oriented thread, then do so by all means, but please do it in the BABBling forum. :)

Mars
2004-Feb-28, 11:03 PM
Point taken. :D