PDA

View Full Version : I got it!!

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-19, 06:36 PM
GS-14!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! !

W0000T! W0000T! W0000000T!

WOOOOOOOOO--HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

NorthernBoy
2010-Jan-19, 06:52 PM
Is this what you are referring to (only google hit for GS-14 that made sense)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Schedule

If so, congratulations.

Argos
2010-Jan-19, 06:53 PM
Almost at the top. Congrats.

LongDogRacing
2010-Jan-19, 07:09 PM
yeah, almost at the top, but still less pay than most defense contractors... :D

Fazor
2010-Jan-19, 07:21 PM
Congratulations! Guess dinner's on you tonight. Just tell me where to send the bill. :whistle:

rommel543
2010-Jan-19, 07:54 PM
Ugggg. I would be still around a GS-6 by the graph....

Swift
2010-Jan-19, 08:06 PM

If so, congratulations.
Yes (same question) and yes (congrats). Actually congrats on whatever has made you so happy.

korjik
2010-Jan-19, 08:20 PM
You're a government drone worker!!?!?!

Here I thought you were a person!

:D

Before any one gets upset: My younger sister is an auditor for the VA. I dont get to see her enough so I had been saving that one up for a while. I just got too easy a target.

Sorry if any offence is given, it was meant in the best in sibling teasing

:)

oh, Congrats Paracelsus

Fazor
2010-Jan-19, 09:05 PM
Before any one gets upset: My younger sister is an auditor for the VA. I dont get to see her enough so I had been saving that one up for a while. I just got too easy a target.

:) I just got to fling a similar "insult" at a buddy of mine who works as a newspaper editor. I asked what his opinion was of a certain current news event (actually, the one I write about in the "Interesting Local News" thread), to which he responded, "I actually get paid to not have an opinion on the stories."

. . . which elicited my response of, "Oh that's right, you're just a mindless shill of the evil media congolmerate."

He agreed. ;)

Anyway, sorry for the off-topicedness.

megrfl
2010-Jan-19, 10:31 PM
If GS-14 means what I think it means! Congratulations!

mike alexander
2010-Jan-19, 10:34 PM
Congrats!

Man, that starts a heck of lot higher than where I am after 25 years of trying.

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-19, 10:46 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Schedule

If so, congratulations.

Yep, it is!! :)

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-19, 10:48 PM
You're a government drone worker!!?!?!

Here I thought you were a person!

:D

Sorry if any offence is given, it was meant in the best in sibling teasing

oh, Congrats Paracelsus

ROFL! Thank you, korjik! My BMF says the same thing about us govt workers. I turn around and give him grief for being a govt contractor, which I call a 'drone by proxy'. :D

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-19, 10:49 PM
Yes (same question) and yes (congrats). Actually congrats on whatever has made you so happy.

Yes, and thank you!!

Man, I could kiss a rabid dog at this point, I'm so pasted to the ceiling. Actually can't get too pasted as must go to work tomorrow.

closetgeek
2010-Jan-20, 02:44 AM
Congrats, spend it well :)

korjik
2010-Jan-21, 09:43 PM
Today GS-14, tomorrow the WORLD!!!!!

Buw-ha,hahhaHAHAHAHA!!!

OOOOH, sorry channeling my inner evil genius.

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-21, 09:53 PM
Today GS-14, tomorrow the WORLD!!!!!

Buw-ha,hahhaHAHAHAHA!!!

OOOOH, sorry channeling my inner evil genius.

:lol: And the day after tomorrow, Bourbon Steak: http://www.michaelmina.net/mm_bourbonsteak_dc/

Check it out: roasted chestnut soup, Maine lobster risotto, corpse reviver #2...

NorthernBoy
2010-Jan-21, 11:13 PM
Yes, and thank you!!

Man, I could kiss a rabid dog at this point, I'm so pasted to the ceiling. Actually can't get too pasted as must go to work tomorrow.

So, what does a person do at that grade, and what happens after the next promotion?

I used to work for the government, and was part of an arcane and convoluted pay structure that seemed to require decades to navigate, at best. I moved into a career where there were only four corporate titles/levels, so know little now about pay scales.

korjik
2010-Jan-22, 12:42 AM
:lol: And the day after tomorrow, Bourbon Steak: http://www.michaelmina.net/mm_bourbonsteak_dc/

Check it out: roasted chestnut soup, Maine lobster risotto, corpse reviver #2...

MMMMM.

Now I am hungry :)

Paracelsus
2010-Jan-22, 08:54 AM
So, what does a person do at that grade, and what happens after the next promotion?

I used to work for the government, and was part of an arcane and convoluted pay structure that seemed to require decades to navigate, at best. I moved into a career where there were only four corporate titles/levels, so know little now about pay scales.

At GS-14, I do more or less the same thing I'm doing now, except with very little supervisory oversight, more autonomy, more independence, and better pay. I'm not a supervisor, although I could be one at this level. The next level up is GS-15 (Master reviewer, division-level chief or above, international expert), and that's going to be a much harder leap. That won't be for at least 5 years, though, if not more. I'll have to put together a much more extensive package for that one. Beyond GS-15, there are the SLS and SES levels, which are senior exec positions. I have no desire for those, as I have no desire to be a supervisor or manager.