Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Unique Theory On Alien Intervention...

Exclamation My Unique Theory On Alien Intervention...

Well, I have been sharing this theory (and story) of mine for, oh, close to 8 years by now. I have chosen various ways to share it (including old-fashioned "snail mail" oddly enough). And now I choose to share it in this forum. Please bear with me. It has been a little while since I shared on a forum. (And I think you will all see why I chose to share this on the Conspiracy Theories forum.) Please read:

The theory put forth in this essay is partly inspired by Fermi's Paradox, partly by my own weird experiences. But is it possible that some advanced alien race (or beings from earth's future) HAS had some contact of sorts with us, but instead of making their presence known directly, they are manipulating things on earth covertly. Because frankly I think some signs of this might already be around us. And believe me, all you have to do is look around you, LITERALLY

Just look to supposed "random" things around us and in our collective human history to see if you can find deviations from the statistical norm. For example, every United States president starting with Pres. Harrison (and apparently ending with Pres. Reagan and George W Bush) that was elected in a year ending in zero died in office. EVERYONE! (That's 7 altogether you know--way far beyond mere chance.) Plus look to seemingly "UNEXPLAINED" phenomenon. For example, in 1917, the "Blessed Virgin Mary" is said to have appeared to 3 peasant children in Fatima, Portugal. Finally a miracle is said to have appeared there, witnessed by thousands of people, where the sun seemed to spin in the sky and plommet to earth. Indeed many photographs of the event still exist. And BTW I also believe things like ghost phenomenon is caused by them.

But don't just look to extraordinary examples like the ones above, look to the more mundane things too. What numbers come up more frequently when dealing with supposedly random events? And what letters? It sounds strange, but may yield some interesting results.

Now, I want to make a couple of other things clear here too. I do not believe in UFO's or aliens visiting earth. Sorry. But this leaves me with one question: Is there anyone anywhere else who shares my beliefs?

And it shouldn't be necessary to say this, but I want to make another point clear here too. I believe this advanced alien (or time traveler) is using their fantastically advanced technology to do this. It is not by spirits or magic or something like that. And as I've said, I don't think they have necessarily visited us. Their amazing technology is somehow doing this all from a distance! Astounding, no?

I have been sharing this story in various ways for a couple of years now. But it is not clear to me how well people are responding to my theory. As I've said, I have had some even weirder experiences of my own. But I choose to just offer you all this theory for now--thank you for understanding that. I do feel confidant other people can see what I am talking about, though, and that there is at least a working hypothesis to be made here. Thank you very much for your time.

Well, that's it. Now, I open the floor to questions...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbee68 View Post
    Well, I have been sharing this theory (and story) of mine for, oh, close to 8 years by now. I have chosen various ways to share it (including old-fashioned "snail mail" oddly enough). And now I choose to share it in this forum. Please bear with me. It has been a little while since I shared on a forum. (And I think you will all see why I chose to share this on the Conspiracy Theories forum.) Please read:

The theory put forth in this essay is partly inspired by Fermi's Paradox, partly by my own weird experiences. But is it possible that some advanced alien race (or beings from earth's future) HAS had some contact of sorts with us, but instead of making their presence known directly, they are manipulating things on earth covertly. Because frankly I think some signs of this might already be around us. And believe me, all you have to do is look around you, LITERALLY

Just look to supposed "random" things around us and in our collective human history to see if you can find deviations from the statistical norm. For example, every United States president starting with Pres. Harrison (and apparently ending with Pres. Reagan and George W Bush) that was elected in a year ending in zero died in office. EVERYONE! (That's 7 altogether you know--way far beyond mere chance.) Plus look to seemingly "UNEXPLAINED" phenomenon. For example, in 1917, the "Blessed Virgin Mary" is said to have appeared to 3 peasant children in Fatima, Portugal. Finally a miracle is said to have appeared there, witnessed by thousands of people, where the sun seemed to spin in the sky and plommet to earth. Indeed many photographs of the event still exist. And BTW I also believe things like ghost phenomenon is caused by them.

But don't just look to extraordinary examples like the ones above, look to the more mundane things too. What numbers come up more frequently when dealing with supposedly random events? And what letters? It sounds strange, but may yield some interesting results.

Now, I want to make a couple of other things clear here too. I do not believe in UFO's or aliens visiting earth. Sorry. But this leaves me with one question: Is there anyone anywhere else who shares my beliefs?

And it shouldn't be necessary to say this, but I want to make another point clear here too. I believe this advanced alien (or time traveler) is using their fantastically advanced technology to do this. It is not by spirits or magic or something like that. And as I've said, I don't think they have necessarily visited us. Their amazing technology is somehow doing this all from a distance! Astounding, no?

I have been sharing this story in various ways for a couple of years now. But it is not clear to me how well people are responding to my theory. As I've said, I have had some even weirder experiences of my own. But I choose to just offer you all this theory for now--thank you for understanding that. I do feel confidant other people can see what I am talking about, though, and that there is at least a working hypothesis to be made here. Thank you very much for your time.

Well, that's it. Now, I open the floor to questions...
    Greetings Jimbee. I'd like to welcome you to BAUT. No doubt you'll receive the same from many others.

A first concern of mine is the assumptions that go into this theory (what can be viewed as truly random vs what must be in some way the result of manipulation) and the fact that this theory is rather difficult to test and ultimately prove or disprove.

Regarding the seven presidents you've mentioned dying in office: accepting what you've said at face value (I'm not familiar with which presidents died when), I don't know why this must be something non-random. I think it's more extraordinary when someone manages to win the lottery. One must match up six individual numbers for Power Ball, for example, and I could never imagine winning such a game, but people do manage it on occasion. Would you say some aliens from far away manipulated the game for those people to win?

It's an awfully hard judgment to make without a point of reference. That is, how can you compare any statistics without a control group to be sure? And one of the unfortunate realities of our existence would appear to be that there is no sure measurement of the results of apparent randomness! We simply do not and cannot know all of the factors influencing a given outcome. Just think of the Butterfly Effect. Think of quantum mechanics. Chaos Theory. There is so much about existence that falls beyond our ability to observe and predict.

So, simply stated, I don't believe it's possible to make any conclusive judgment about whether any force, be it God or an alien race, is in any way influencing our existence or not. We simply lack the data necessary to draw conclusions.

Thoughts?

The thing the "Presidents elected in years ending in 0" thing overlooks is that several of them were first elected in other years or died in a term for which they were elected in other years. Most famously, of course, you have Abraham Lincoln, elected in 1860. And assassinated in 1865, a term to which he was elected in 1864. It's also hardly surprising that one of the many, many assassination plots succeeded, given the poor state of Lincoln's security.

Or, alternately, the poor state of Franklin Roosevelt's health, even before he was elected in 1932. Far more surprising is that he was elected for four terms, dying in the fourth, to which he was elected in 1944.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Yes, you both definitely bring up good points. I am esp. drawn to Weltraum's point that it would be hard to test my theory. I guess that is part of the reason why I present my theory: to have people question their own views of the earth, and question why things happen a certain way. I am not saying everyone will come to the same conclusions I did (as I've said, I've had even weirder experiences I chose not to share). Anyways, if anyone has a different reason why these coincidences came about, I am open to the suggestions.

Welcome to BAUT. What numbers and letters do you think come up more frequently in random events? How do you decide what is supposed to be random? And, I assume you take things like letter frequency into account?
    Last edited by Van Rijn; 2010-Jan-30 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Added missing word

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Welcome to BAUT. What numbers and letters do you think come up more frequently in random events? How do you decide what supposed to be random? And, I assume you take things like letter frequency into account?
    I haven't the foggiest what numbers or letters come up more frequently than others. I actually do hope some day someone invents a computer program or something that can look into this. I really think something may come up if people just look closer. Letter frequency. Yes, you do bring up a good point. Some letter will just naturally just come up more frequent. Anyways, in my life especially, it has always been the numbers that come up in extraordinary ways that are coincidental I think. I assume it is the same on larger scale events.

Jimbee68 you had two identical posts in moderation, I have approved one and deleted the other. If a post of your disappears in moderation please contact a moderator. After a number of posts this will not be an issue

I haven't the foggiest what numbers or letters come up more frequently than others.
    Ah. I thought you were making a claim about the frequency of numbers and letters in "random" events.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Just look to supposed "random" things around us and in our collective human history to see if you can find deviations from the statistical norm. For example, every United States president starting with Pres. Harrison (and apparently ending with Pres. Reagan and George W Bush) that was elected in a year ending in zero died in office. EVERYONE! (That's 7 altogether you know--way far beyond mere chance.)
    Could you explain why you think this is "way far beyond mere chance"?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

http://www.random.org/integers/

Look for patterns. You'll find quite a few, if you're any good at pattern matching, but not a single one has any meaning...the numbers are purely random.

Random sequences of events will include runs, clumps, and improbable occurrences. A series of numbers/pattern of dots/etc that looks more random to a human is actually less random, with patterns that catch the eye forbidden even though they should be as likely as any other possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Could you explain why you think this is "way far beyond mere chance" [Presidents' dying in a yr. ending in zero]?
    Well, for one thing you will note that it starts at one point, there is no exception to the rule, and then it suddenly ends at Reagan. I don't know statistics, but that seems quite a coincidence if that is all it is, no? BTW, people often refer to it as the Tecumseh Curse partly because Pres. Harrison was the first victim and he fought Tecumseh. Isn't it strange the ways people find explanations for extraordinary events?

Well, for one thing you will note that it starts at one point, there is no exception to the rule, and then it suddenly ends at Reagan. I don't know statistics, but that seems quite a coincidence if that is all it is, no? BTW, people often refer to it as the Tecumseh Curse partly because Pres. Harrison was the first victim and he fought Tecumseh. Isn't it strange the ways people find explanations for extraordinary events?
    Or try to look for correlations when there are none.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

And may I add my welcome, Jimbee. I hope you stay around for a while.

Well, for one thing you will note that it starts at one point, there is no exception to the rule, and then it suddenly ends at Reagan.
    So there are no exceptions until the exception (Reagan) which is followed by another exception (Bush)? Even without Gillian's point about Lincoln and F. Roosevelt having more than one "go", this really doesn't look as extraordinary as you are trying to claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbee68
    I don't know statistics, but that seems quite a coincidence if that is all it is, no?
    There is a strong correlation between people who don't know statistics and people who attribute supernatural* explanations to coincidences.

I'd strongly recommend you do a short course in statistics. It's not as boring as it sounds and it does give a real understanding of what is likely and what is unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbee68
    Isn't it strange the ways people find explanations for extraordinary events?
    You're trying to wag the dog here. The events you're describing are not very extraordinary, and the explanations fit rather well. It's infinitely more strange to invoke aliens or time travellers to account for events that are scarecely more remarkable than a run of sixes in a series of dice throws.

*In the broadest sense.

Why would aliens or time travellers want to subtly influence things like this?
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Finally a miracle is said to have appeared there, witnessed by thousands of people, where the sun seemed to spin in the sky and plommet to earth. Indeed many photographs of the event still exist. And BTW I also believe things like ghost phenomenon is caused by them.
    How can an object like the sun which is unbearably bright to stare at for even a moment and which has no easily visible reference marks be seen to spin? Plus, could you point me to these photographs which you say still exist? I'm a bit wary of the idea that cameras were as prevalent in rural 1917 Portugal as they are today. Plus, what does an event like that manipulate for these aliens one way of the other? Unlike knocking off presidents based on an arbitrary pattern I don't see a one-time illusion of sun-spinning influences history for ill or good.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenite View Post
    Plus, what does an event like that manipulate for these aliens one way of the other? Unlike knocking off presidents based on an arbitrary pattern I don't see a one-time illusion of sun-spinning influences history for ill or good.
    For some it prompted a strengthening of faith. ("For those that believe, no explanation is necessary. For those that don't believe, no explanation is possible." Quoting from memory.)

One could argue that the aliens were manipulating history by raising faith. Not that I would make such an argument.

Smile Unique?

Welcome to the Board, I believe that this is not a Unique Theory, in the strict sense, as this has been posited before...IIRC; this was mentioned in the 1950's or even earlier...The other members have pointed out, and they are correct in my opinion, humans see patterns in random events, and draw unwarranted conclusions therefrom....

Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Beardsley View Post
    And may I add my welcome, Jimbee. I hope you stay around for a while.

So there are no exceptions until the exception (Reagan) which is followed by another exception (Bush)? Even without Gillian's point about Lincoln and F. Roosevelt having more than one "go", this really doesn't look as extraordinary as you are trying to claim.

Not to mention those presidents not elected in a '0' year who survived attempted assassinations, FDR for one, who would have thoroughly wrecked the pattern had those attempts succeeded, and it was usually chance that made the difference between life and death

Ontologically, "aliens" as a concept is a floating abstraction. It has no demonstrable connection to anything in reality. You might just easily say uillomanagratty, siutfosh or Gobligok. A series of vocal sounds without a reference in reality has no explanatory power.

I believe this advanced alien (or time traveler) is using their fantastically advanced technology to do this. It is not by spirits or magic or something like that. And as I've said, I don't think they have necessarily visited us. Their amazing technology is somehow doing this all from a distance!
    Given the nature of your proposal, it might as well be spirits or magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    Not to mention those presidents not elected in a '0' year who survived attempted assassinations, FDR for one, who would have thoroughly wrecked the pattern had those attempts succeeded, and it was usually chance that made the difference between life and death
    Zachary Taylor was elected in 1848 and he died in 1850. That also interferes with the pattern.
    http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.asp

The gobblygoop about years, dates, letters, etc. has extreme weaks points on its own merits.

For a so-called "zero" year to have a transcendent meaning, one has to assume at least two things:

1) that the Gregorian calender has universal validity, and I mean universal as "in the entire universe,"

2) that the decimal system is also universal.

Their are numerous calender systems around here on Earth: the Chinese, the Muslim, the Jewish, the Mayan (extinct), the Gregorian (1582), etc.. Why should we assume that the Gregorian calender is so special?

Our decimal based zero years are meaningless if one uses a 16-base counting system, or any other.

And what about letters? Errr, does that include phonetical symbols, letters from non-Roman alphabets or syllabic/pictographic systems?

Just because most of us assume our (present) system is so universal doesn't mean the phantastical long distant, super duper ET does.

And who really cares about Presidents? What about other people?

I bet if we used base-13 on the Mayan calender we could find out that Julius Caesar was stabbed to death on some special date.

So what?

Sorry folks, the whole thing is based far too much on a modern western cultural scope.

Not to even mention the alien bit.
    Last edited by kleindoofy; 2010-Jan-30 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling

I don't know statistics, but that seems quite a coincidence if that is all it is, no?
    Do you have evidence to present that would eliminate coincidence as an explanation?

You may not know statistics, but you sure seem familiar with numerology. Unless you have actual evidence to the contrary, that is all this is.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by LaurelHS View Post
    Zachary Taylor was elected in 1848 and he died in 1850. That also interferes with the pattern.
    http://www.snopes.com/history/american/curse.asp
    But--but--1850 ends in 0!

Yeah, even the most basic study of the lives--and deaths--of Presidents shows the serious flaw in the "coincidence" claim. I mean, Sam Byck wanted to fly a plane into the White House to kill Nixon; had he chosen a better plan or carried out the one he went with better, Nixon (elected 1968 and 1972) would have thrown the pattern.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    ... had he chosen a better plan or carried out the one he went with better, Nixon (elected 1968 and 1972) would have thrown the pattern.
    I think that's Jimbee68's point:

The aliens are running the show, so they made sure Byck's plan failed.

Patterns are there to be maintained, not mussed up by pesky Earthlings.

Oy vey.

"You can't erase icing."

There is a strong correlation between people who don't know statistics and people who attribute supernatural* explanations to coincidences.
    I like it. Got any statistics for that?

I'd strongly recommend you do a short course in statistics. It's not as boring as it sounds and it does give a real understanding of what is likely and what is unlikely.
    Even a good popular book will give you a better idea of the, often counterintuitive, nature of statistics. For example, how many people need to be in a room for better than even odds that at least two share a birthday? (It's a lot less than most people imagine.) The "Monty Hall problem" is another good example that confuses a lot of people.

And then there are those things like confirmation bias, where we see events that fit a pattern and ignore the ones that don't. For example, the way that you think/dream about a friend you haven't seen for years and the next day you get a letter/phonecall/email from them. Amazing. Forgetting all the thousands of times you have thought about an old friend and the next day ... nothing.

I haven't the foggiest what numbers or letters come up more frequently than others. I actually do hope some day someone invents a computer program or something that can look into this. I really think something may come up if people just look closer.
    What makes you think people haven't looked. Many people (gamblers, in particular) have spent (wasted) a lot of time trying to find patterns in random events.

In order for something to be scientifically considered to be a theory, it must have a test for wrongness. This speculation is certainly not a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion's Fan View Post
    This speculation is certainly not a theory.
    Let alone unique!

Let alone unique!
    Well, there's that, too.