Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,261 to 1,281 of 1281

Thread: What are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    D2 was fun when it came out, but I returned to the better D1. But with the additions, I'm just as addicted to D2.
    I thought it was just me... D1 looks better, feels better than D2. I keep returning to it.
    Solfe

I may have missed it on here but for anyone into puzzles, vast sprawling machines and process optimisation Opus Magnum is one of the best 'programming' games I've played for a while. The basic premise is simple - you have a few inputs and a required output. Your goal is to put together a machine to make the output. You get rated on cost (related to number of parts and their complexity), efficiency (number of mechanical operations) and area taken up. The game has had me and others spending hours tweaking the machine's operation or layout to try to shave a couple of cycles off the run or get away with one less piece.

Plus you can export your machine running as a gif which makes a great background.

been brushing up on two dimensional kinematics by playing on pool on facebook.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

I've set the wayback machine to the late 90's. Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. I'd forgotten how fun that was.
    At first the graphics were poor but a little searching on the internet, a small edit to the ini file, and Voila! The graphics are surprisingly good for such an old game.

Please don't go. The Drones need you. They look up to you.
    Alcohol. Because a good story never begins with a salad.

A few months ago, I complained to Bungie that the windows in the Cabal base were too clean. I replayed the game and now they are dirty. Nice touch.
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    A few months ago, I complained to Bungie that the windows in the Cabal base were too clean. I replayed the game and now they are dirty. Nice touch.
    Are those the bridge windows on the way to engage the Bond Brothers?
    We know time flies, we just can't see its wings.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Are those the bridge windows on the way to engage the Bond Brothers?
    No, sorry. I meant to say Destiny 2. It's the firebase windows.
    Solfe

Before I feel asleep I realized I have to hang up my world of tanks helmet for a while or for good. Right now I have several things to do and I tend to follow patterns sometimes healthy sometimes not so to break this pattern I need to break one. Also I can only sit at this chair so long at a time and staring into the screen is hard on my eyes without some new glasses.

Won't be playing any civ 3 for a while. Almost won the latest game and when I tried to load a saved game the files were corrupt.

Waiting for Kerbel space program to download but he keeps starting an I have restart maybe by morning it will be downloaded.

I hadn't played video games to a meaningful degree in, oh, around 14 years, but a couple of months ago I got a Nintendo Switch and have been playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I beat Ganon, the Big Bad, last week, but I'm going to fart around in the game some more. It's huge, and really quite beautiful.
    Calm down, have some dip. - George Carlin

I am playing Kingdom Hearts III at Disney. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rps20181228_174610.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	23871
    Solfe

Well I have been off World of tanks for a while, fun at first but it became a chore. Last night won at civ 3 but then it crashed so probably off that for a while. Have an old game called the Ur Quan masters on my machine fun at times. But I will probably off gaming for a while a lot of projects that have to get done.

Civilization is one of my favorite games. Upgraded to Civilization IV, but have not gone to V, as I've heard from several sources the IV is better.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I have IV never really got into it.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, it's been a long time since I last played for a whole night.

Sometimes I play Minesweeper while I'm eating. I ignore the clock and just try to survive 27 mines on a 99 board so that ⅓ of the squares are mines. I usually lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Civilization is one of my favorite games. Upgraded to Civilization IV, but have not gone to V, as I've heard from several sources the IV is better.
    I certainly like Civilization IV better, but Christopher Tin's Baba Yetu (Used as the main theme song) is no small part of that. It's one of my favorite pieces of music, and in fact, my wife and I walked down the aisle after our wedding ceremony to it.

I don't finish video games often anymore; I generally play until I lose interest, which is usually long before the 60-80 hour mark that many modern games require. However, I've been on a tear, and played through Sekiro, then played through Spider-Man, and then over the weekend finished God of War.

What I'm trying to "play" recently is Tom Petty's Learning to Fly.... Actually just four chords, but the phrasing is critical. And I'm playing it on my jumbo Guild F-50R, which is every bit a match for that Gibson SJ200 Petty is playing....

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    What I'm trying to "play" recently is Tom Petty's Learning to Fly.... Actually just four chords, but the phrasing is critical. And I'm playing it on my jumbo Guild F-50R, which is every bit a match for that Gibson SJ200 Petty is playing....

I haven't played much guitar since we moved the piano over from my parents' place when they downsized into a condo, but it was always fun playing Petty's stuff. I think a lot of it was pretty simple on the surface, but what made his stuff special was his feel and execution.

Nice space music last night
    https://www.hos.com/#program/1221