Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 68 of 68

Thread: What are you NOT watching?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    42.798928,10.952804
    Posts
    471
    I hate most cooking realities because they focus on a "100% visual" cuisine (you know: decorated wedding cakes etc)...


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	22395.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	19512

    "Best bakery" is slightly better because at least they focus on taste and not only on sight...
    Last edited by Barabino; 2014-May-05 at 04:26 AM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    11,057
    Trying to decide whether to continue with Believe. So far I've seen about four episodes, and they are all the same - identical plots and "character moments". In my opinion, J.J. Abrams does not have a good track record - and I prefer my opinion to other people's in such matters. Believe does little to seduce me into suspending my disbelief, no pun intended, because the "what if" element is hackneyed. But Clare is persevering so I'll give it another episode to improve.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    4,778
    I don't have a TV, but even so I don't follow what most of my TV-denying geek friends watch, game of thrones. I read the first books, browsed through the next few and just lost interest in fantasy soap or any of its protagonists. I don't find the writing particularly good, either.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    42.798928,10.952804
    Posts
    471
    I did not watch Game of Thrones because I hate Fantasy (blame Michel Moorcock's judgement of Tolkien), but i'm repenting of that...

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by jokergirl View Post
    I don't have a TV, but even so I don't follow what most of my TV-denying geek friends watch, game of thrones. I read the first books, browsed through the next few and just lost interest in fantasy soap or any of its protagonists. I don't find the writing particularly good, either.
    Surprisingly this is one of those rare examples where I think the TV version is actually a bit better than the books.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    4,778
    It is a bit better (I've watched the first season and still can't escape the updates of the current status on the net.). It's a bit more compressed and thus flows a lot better. But it still fails to convince me that the story is actually going anywhere or coming nearer a resolution (or even joining the two plotlines that currently are on two separate continents and don't even know of each other's existence) any time soon.


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,166
    Quote Originally Posted by jokergirl View Post
    It is a bit better (I've watched the first season and still can't escape the updates of the current status on the net.). It's a bit more compressed and thus flows a lot better. But it still fails to convince me that the story is actually going anywhere or coming nearer a resolution (or even joining the two plotlines that currently are on two separate continents and don't even know of each other's existence) any time soon.
    There is one interesting outcome that might come from this - it is a virtual certainty that the TV series will end well before the books. So they will effectively be writing the series ending (they have already made plans to do this, confirmed in interviews). I think it will be better than the books!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    There is one interesting outcome that might come from this - it is a virtual certainty that the TV series will end well before the books. So they will effectively be writing the series ending (they have already made plans to do this, confirmed in interviews). I think it will be better than the books!
    Indeed. I might watch it again once the series catches up with the end of what I have read, out of curiosity on where they will take it.


Similar Threads

  1. What are you watching on TV?
    By Disinfo Agent in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2012-Jun-09, 07:41 PM
  2. Why do I even bother watching FOX?
    By Matherly in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 2007-May-20, 04:03 AM
  3. Who is watching who?
    By peteshimmon in forum Forum Introductions and Feedback
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2006-Dec-11, 12:54 PM
  4. TV watching
    By xbck1 in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2005-Nov-08, 02:01 PM
  5. Watching the FOX Documentary
    By Trinity in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2004-Aug-12, 07:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •