Thread: ‘Mystery-Missile’ – Likely an Airplane

‘Mystery-Missile’ – Likely an Airplane

What took place in the skies above California’s coastline Monday, Nov. 8? That is still being hotly debated by experts and laymen alike. What appears to be a missile firing some 35 miles off the coast of California, near the Island of Catalina appears in a KCBS news chopper footage. The Pentagon has stated that [...]

More...

I would believe that it was a "departing" flight from San Nicholas Island, but officials there state that there was no flight activity on Monday. Additionally, it appears to have originated 35 miles off the coast of California, if that is accurate, then it wouldn't be a flight from the nearby airport.

Looking forward to knowing the flights origin and purpose, hopefully it will be determinable.
    Last edited by megrfl; 2010-Nov-10 at 02:45 PM.

I didn't think it looked like a missile for one second. This happened not too long ago in the same area, and has happened several times before.

Missile or airplane?
    Last edited by Bobbar; 2010-Nov-10 at 02:36 PM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbar View Post
    I didn't think it looked like a missile for one second. This happened not too long ago in the same area, and has happened several times before.

Missile or airplane?
    Initially, I did think it appeared to be a rocket launch. I have seen quite a few launches from the Kennedy Space Station and if the Navy, et al had stated that they had launched it, I would not have been surprised. Your attached photo definitely resembles a rocket launch.

Quote Originally Posted by megrfl View Post
    Initially, I did think it appeared to be a rocket launch. I have seen quite a few launches from the Kennedy Space Station and if the Navy, et al had stated that they had launched it, I would not have been surprised. Your attached photo definitely resembles a rocket launch.
    But, it's definitely an airplane.

Airplane, probably a commercial flight from Hawaii to someplace inland. These routinely overfly the LA basin.

If you're viewing a west-to-east flight path from the east - coming at you - it will give the appearance of moving up rather than toward you... horizon to zenith.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Also discussed on BAUT here: Mysterious Missile Launch

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Looks like it's been narrowed down to a specific flight.

http://contrailscience.com/a-problem...-eve-contrail/

Yes, the launched rocket will have a narrow contrail because it is moving at a much higher pace, in fact, you will visually lose the rocket before the contrail begins to excessively widen. Bobbar's first photo link shows what resembles a launched rocket but you can "see" the speed by the contrail, it appears to be going at a snails pace comparatively.

http://blog.bahneman.com/content/it-...ays-flight-808

UPS 902 is also a better fit than USAW 808.....

Dale