Thread: Was King Moonracer a fraud? (a very important holiday question)

Angry Was King Moonracer a fraud? (a very important holiday question)

Okay, time to ask.

King Moonracer.

You know: The flying lion in the old Rankin-Bass feature "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

He (*supposedly*) routinely flies all around the globe looking for oddball toys to bring back to The Island of Misfit Toys, in the hopes that someday a loving little girl or boy will adopt the toy. Nice of him...or IS it?

He waits (for HOW long?) for Rudolph, Hermey and Yukon Cornelius to accidentally show up on TIoMTto get help for the misfit toys. King Moonracer asks the trio if they'll relate the sad and lonely plight of the misfit toys to Santa, when they return to the North Pole/Santa's workshop.

So...if King Moonracer really truly cared about the misfit toys (he's been holding hostage for his own strange ends??), wouldn't HE have dropped by and talked with Santa by now? He flies all over the world routinely -- except Santa's place apparently. The one other person who could truly help the misfit toys once a year. What's up with that?

I think King Moonracer is either a fraud or has rocks in his head.

What say you?

It's high time this matter be discussed.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Perhaps I only remember an edited version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, but I don't recall any sort of backstory to the lion. (???)

CJSF
    "A scientific theory
    Isn't just a hunch or guess
    It's more like a question
    That's been put through a lot of tests
    And when a theory emerges
    Consistent with the facts
    The proof is with science
    The truth is with science"
    -They Might Be Giants, "Science Is Real"

lonelybirder.org

If only I had seen an edited version. Then I may hve been spared from having the jagged shards of my sanity brutally ground against each other by the full horror that is Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. It started off innocently enough. I even thought I had the plot worked out. I thought the elf who wanted to be dentist would work out that the abominable snowman was only abominable because he had a nasty toothache and would fix the problem. Oh, he fixed the problem all right. He fixed it by ripping out all the snowman's teeth! Oh the horror! That scene still stalks my nightmares in the dead of night. Sometimes I am distubed by the current zeal for censorship in my country. I like the fact that we can have full frontal nudity on free to air TV here. But if only they had censored Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer! Oh...wait a minute, I think they did. I saw Rudolf in Japan, not here.

If only Japan had censored Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer!

I've always wondered what made the doll a misfit.

Speaking of frauds, here are Cracked's reasons why the Glinda the Good Witch is a villain:

http://www.cracked.com/article_18881...ood-witch.html

Note: Language in Cracked is usually NSFW.

Nick

I think he was a hoarder using the disguise of a collector of rare toys. He was more than likely a cult leader, too, as he appears handsome, wise, and lets these misfits feel loved and wanted. He uses fear to keep them on the island, stating that Santa has forgotten about them and no one wants a "Charlie"-in-the-box or a cowboy who rides an ostrich or a train with square wheels! He is the only one who truly loves them and will protect them. If they leave, they will be ridiculed, treated badly, and possibly thrown away. It makes King Moonracer feel superior, as he clearly is a megalomaniac! He wants them all to himself; and he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those pesky kids (Rudolph & Herbie) and their cohorts Yukon Cornelius and the Abominable Snowman!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Theodorakis View Post
    I've always wondered what made the doll a misfit.

Nick
    i thought the doll had no nose . remember the bird that doesn't fly he swims well at the very end when the elf is handing them umbrellas out of the sled, he thinks twice and doesn't give the bird an umbrella. if he can't fly hes gonna need one.