Thread: Image editing game

Image editing game

Just in case anyone's interested, I'm running an image editing game on my blog at:
    http://outerhoard.wordpress.com/2011...-editing-game/

Essentially, you take an image, edit it as you see fit, upload your version, and then someone else does the same. Over several iterations the image changes dramatically and unpredictably.

My blog is not noted for its high traffic, so I could always use more people taking part. If you'd like to participate you will be welcomed.

Alternatively, if you'd prefer to play a parallel game here, that's cool too (although not as cool as "both"). But in that case, I'm not going to be the one to choose the starting image.

sorry, couldn't resist.

Careful what you wish for

Well, from I can get (using a colour adjustment plus a smudge/raindrop effect), but I did have in mind something slightly larger. :-)

the software must have deleted the attachment, because I didn't used it as an actual attachment....stupid!

oh well, it was just a joke about photoshop competitions on Fark.com

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psj.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	14420

I just know that the board software is just itching to delete it again.....

ok, I hope you don't mind, I used the original one on your blog.

I selected out all the black, made a black background layer, blurred the colour layer, and duplicated that layer a few times, and then merged..and then did the 'median' function..and merged all the layers again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	psb.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	7.0 KB 
ID:	14421  

this is a section of your original.

Name:	psb2.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	4.8 KB 
ID:	14422  

It's all good, except that I wish you wouldn't post more than one image at a time. Makes it hard to know which one you really want to use.

I prefer the one that uses the whole image rather than the "section", so I'll go with that, do some palette adjustments, add the raindrop effect, and get this:

As for the "joke" image, I have to admit the idea of wading in a chocolate river with sprinkles has a certain appeal...

added some stars, and colour curves

Name:	psg3.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	14433  

I did a few things, the most important of which were turning contrast and saturation up to nearly max, and creating a circle outside of which I replaced the image with its negative.

I'm doing all this mostly in Irfanview, with occasional use of Windows Paint for supplementary operations like drawing the circle. I don't have access to Photoshop at home (very different story at work, but there I wouldn't be playing games).

In order to give other people as much opportunity as possible to join in, I won't play again for a while. Certainly not tonight, and probably more like 24 hrs, depending.

Name:	psg4.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	14437  

Ah, what the hell. I've had a good, productive evening, so one more before bed.

13. 2011-Feb-07, 05:41 AM

When an image gets as complicated as this, I think the only way forward is to take something out.

So I took out some red.

maybe we should start a new one....

Not tonight.

I made an executable slideshow from our game, downloadable from http://www.box.net/shared/m4dufe0jug

Not sure how system-specific this is, but I have no experience with any utilities for making online slideshows, and an animated GIF is not an option because those are limited to 256 colours.

I could make a .scr screensaver version if I wanted.