Thread: Videos of my Created or In visioned Planets

Cool Videos of my Created or In visioned Planets

I know its been a while since I posted back on here, but no worries now as I have been a little busy with of a some what little project. Creating different Planets using a Mapping program, with the help of the program. Since I can't really go out to the Youtube community, as they aren't really science orientated. So this forum is the only place I could turn to, for people who actually know a lot about Science and Sci-Fi. So Please enjoy:

Name: *Just Swamp Planet for now*
    Age: *Don't know yet, still trying to figure that out maybe with some help*
    Circumference: 42,000 KM
    Atmosphere: *That's left up for others to decide*
    Low Temperature: 23 C
    High Temperature: 41 C
    Low Precipitation: 50 cm
    High Precipitation: 210 cm
    Lowest Elevation: -10,000 Meters
    Highest Elevation: 17,000 Meters

So what does anyone think of it? I will be posting other videos of other planets that I created and requests from other people to create a planet of their description.
    Last edited by Gamefreak89; 2011-Mar-01 at 10:45 AM.

Nice. Though looking at the video I have intense urge to say "Standard orbit Mr. Sulu".
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

When you mention 'size', what are you referring to?
    Diameter? Radius? Circumference?
    If you mean circumference, then this planet (at 42,000 km) is only slightly larger than Earth (at 40075.16 km).
    A planet like this would not be that different to Earth, except perhaps for things like atmospheric composition, temperature and so on.

If you mean diameter or radius, then this planet is much larger than Earth, and that would make the conditions on the planet very unlike Earth. In fact a rocky planet that large would be very dense, and have a very, very high gravity. Such a high gravity would almost certainly retain lots of hydrogen, and turn the planet into something resembling a gas giant.

Which program did you use, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by eburacum45 View Post
    When you mention 'size', what are you referring to?
    Diameter? Radius? Circumference?
    If you mean circumference, then this planet (at 42,000 km) is only slightly larger than Earth (at 40075.16 km).
    A planet like this would not be that different to Earth, except perhaps for things like atmospheric composition, temperature and so on.

If you mean diameter or radius, then this planet is much larger than Earth, and that would make the conditions on the planet very unlike Earth. In fact a rocky planet that large would be very dense, and have a very, very high gravity. Such a high gravity would almost certainly retain lots of hydrogen, and turn the planet into something resembling a gas giant.
    I used Fractal World Explorer and Globe2. I'm not sure about the size, Its more likely circumference, because when using FWE and editing the map and terrain it doesn't list the type of Measuring being used I.E. circumference, radius, diameter, etc.

Because at the moment I'm thinking about creating a smaller planet like Mars, only except it would have a Titan like Atmosphere. So expect more videos being posted, Also here is another video of it, but since I was using Youtube's Video Editor which is really cool by the way. I was able to make the planet Spin Backwards, and lopsided. Plus its 10 seconds longer .

Although I have to say I'm pretty impressed by this sample planet, because of its green oceans and its different colored terrain. It makes a wonderful site to behold for those interested in a Swamp planet. Anyways for those wondering about the Life Forms, I don't know so just use your imagination and think of one that would fit along side this Red Sulphuric cloud planet.
    Last edited by Gamefreak89; 2011-Mar-01 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added New Video

This one is a little stretched so sorry XD, but anyway the name of this one is called Twisted Realms, why did I name it that? Its because of the black colored continents. But if for any reason no one doesn't like this stretched version of the Planet which of course I can always upload a better one. Since I saved this one 1024X1024, I'm guessing that this didn't come out right :P.

This one is particularly interesting, as a very fast rotation would deform an otherwise Earth-like world into an oblate spheroid. Using current methods of observation, it might be possible to observe planets which are similar to Earth in scale, but it would be tricky to determine the actual rotational rate and shape for any planet which is not tidally-locked.

Note that gravity would have very different values at the poles of such a planet compared to its equator.

Ok here's a not so stretched version of Twisted Realms or at least I think it is :P: