Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39474849
Results 1,441 to 1,456 of 1456

Thread: Leave a Random Fact II: Baby Got Fact.

30 of 48 European countries have populations smaller than London.

44 of 56 US states and territories have populations smaller than New York City.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    The power unit (USA) ton is 3504 Watts when talking air conditioning. It’s the cooling effect of a short ton of ice per 24 hours.
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

George Washington's dogs were named Sweetlips, Scentwell, Vulcan, Drunkard, Taster, Tipler and Tipsy.

John Adams's dogs were named Satan, Juno and Mark.

Andrew Jackson's African grey parrot was such a prolific swearer that it had to be removed from Jackson's funeral.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

The 1,414,001,413rd triangular number, 999,699,998,689,998,991, is the smallest that has an average digit size greater than 8.

George Gershwin's jazz standard "Summertime" is considered to be the most recorded song of all time.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

COVID 19 vaccines are currently selling for $200 a dose on the dark web. Trucks shipping vaccines are now equipped with anti-carjacking measures.

Stephen Colbert.

The digits of the natural logarithm of 223091196 which is 19.223091196499503+ have the entire orginal nine digit number repeated right after the decimal point.

The original voice actor for Charlie Brown once tried to “put a hit” on someone.

https://m.imdb.com/news/ni59190145?ref_=m_nm_nwr3

The time-travelling aspect of "The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask" was inspired by the plot of "Run Lola Run."

Stephen Colbert.

Woodrow Wilson was the only U.S. president to have a PhD.

In Japanese, the Kanji characters 手紙 mean "letter" as in a letter to someone. In Chinese, they mean "toilet paper."

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    In Japanese, the Kanji characters 手紙 mean "letter" as in a letter to someone. In Chinese, they mean "toilet paper."
    In both languages, the first character is "hand" and the second character is "paper".
    Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn

The US presidential helicopter, Marine One, has its top painted white because President Eisenhower complained it was too hot in his helicopter.

Howard the Duck fights in the finale of Avengers: Endgame

Stephen Colbert.

Gene Roddenberry wrote the script for 24 episodes of the Western series Have Gun - Will Travel which I only know about because it inspired the title of the first Heinlein book I ever read, Have Spacesuit - Will Travel.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

In ancient Rome, the man who financially underwrote gladiatorial games and selected the programme was called the editor.

Stephen Colbert.