Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 1,231 to 1,241 of 1241

Thread: Leave a Random Fact II: Baby Got Fact.

The Epitaph of Seikilos, the oldest known song for which we possess both the melody and lyrics, was found as a stele near a railway in Adyn. After coming into possession of the building firm's director, it had its final line filed off so that it could make a stable stand for his wife's flower pots.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

The flag of Hawaii deliberately evokes the American, British, Russian and French flags because King Kamehameha wanted the warring Western nations to feel safe when trading in his ports.
    "Occam" is the name of the alien race that will enslave us all eventually. And they've got razors for hands. I don't know if that's true but it seems like the simplest answer."

Stephen Colbert.

JK Rowling is a nincompoop.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

I think that falls under "opinion" rather than fact. Perhaps you could elaborate, if only in PM form?

Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxicality View Post
    Kryptonite was not invented in the Superman comics. It was invented on the radio series "The Adventures of Superman", because the shows were broadcast live and Superman's voice actor, Bud Collyer, wanted some time off.
    Yeah. For several weekly episodes, they merely had another voice actor stand in with anonymous groans.

This looks like a job for... An intern!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright
    "It is the duty of the writers to seduce me into suspending my disbelief!" Paul Beardsley

James K Polk was the last president to be born while George Washington was still alive.

Ronald Reagan was the only U.S. president who was born before four of his predecessors.

After 80 years, in 2006 Disney finally managed to get Oswald the Lucky Rabbit back from Universal by trading him for football announcer Al Michaels.

Stephen Colbert.

The real name of David Tennant, who will be voicing Scrooge McDuck in the upcoming Ducktales reboot, is David MacDonald.

Scrooge claims his money bin contains "3 cubic acres" of gold. Assuming that "cubic acre" means "a cube with a side length equal to the side length of an acre", then that means his money bin contains 772,321 cubic metres of gold. The total amount of gold ever mined is estimated at 8,187 cubic metres.
    Last edited by parallaxicality; 2017-Jun-19 at 07:32 AM.

Stephen Colbert.

According to the IMF, seven countries (Tuvalu, Kiribati, The Marshall Islands, Palau, The Federated States of Micronesia, São Tomé and Príncipe and Tonga) have nominal GDPs smaller than Second Life.

Stephen Colbert.

A marathon is 209¾ furlongs.