Thread: I saw Jesus in his underwear

I saw Jesus in his underwear

Last week I was drafted to play guitar in "Jesus Christ Superstar". Ironic, because I haven't been religious in a long time and have been reading up on the roots of that particular religion just recently. But it paid OK and while I wouldn't find the music that interesting to listen to it was fun to play (my musical background is in the 1970's and the guitar parts are pretty open. I did get a few good comments about my usage of David Gilmore and Mahavishnu vocabulary).

Having packed up after the last show today I made one more trip to the green room/bath room only to run into Jesus! He had just taken his cloak off (to take a leak, I guess) and forgotten to lock the door. Funny, the actor looked like I imagined Jesus to look like when my mom still dragged me to church.

Good casting, huh?

I saw JCS at the height of its popularity at a theater-in-the-round. Very entertaining.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I saw JCS at the height of its popularity at a theater-in-the-round. Very entertaining.
    Same here (except the round part). Even though I was only marginally exposed to religion growing up, it didn't really matter. There was some really good music from it. (I used to have a sheet music book for piano for that, too bad it's long gone)

He didn't have the corresponding tattoo to "Jesus is coming, look busy", did he?

I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus.

I also saw JCSS back on Broadway in the 1970s when it first opened, and recall liking the musical, in spite of any conflicts between it and my religious beliefs.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules