Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is no turning back

There is no turning back

http://www.thereisnoturningback.com/

http://www.facebook.com/thereisnotur...ngback?sk=wall

This website has been doing the rounds recently bu stating that something big will be revealed to us tommorrow, and that there is no turning back when the story starts.

More information about it can be read on this news article

http://mashable.com/2011/11/04/no-tu...-mystery-site/

Mystery site with no explanaition claiming to reveal something - advetising of some kind?

There is no going forward either, as I am not interested in a trio of blind links.

See There is no turning back for the real info.

Mod note: The linked page contains language offensive to or unsuitable for some BAUT members/visitors.
    Last edited by PetersCreek; 2011-Nov-10 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Added language advisory

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Yawn!
    Everything is scary I guess.
    Get off the internet!
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

It's true that as far as we understand it, time travel to the past is not possible.

Shouldn't this be in the Fun And Games section?

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    See There is no turning back for the real info.
    Thanks for this.

When you get down to it, and no matter how fervently people wish to deny it, we're all just angry, horny apes with oversized brains
    "Back off man, I'm a Scientist!"- Peter Venkman, PhD in Psychology and Parapsychology

Quote Originally Posted by aliensdidit View Post
    Mystery site with no explanaition claiming to reveal something - advetising of some kind?
    Yes, this type of thing is usually advertising. It wouldn't be the first time an enigmatic ad scared people, see below.
    http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/hoax/a...buxiang_beast/

This website has been doing the rounds recently bu stating that something big will be revealed to us tommorrow, and that there is no turning back when the story starts.
    Ooh! I've just noticed this bit! (I normally read everything in aliensdididit's threads except for aliensdididit's posts and links.)

Yes, after tomorrow, none of us will ever get to see 11/11/11 11:11.11 again.

Day after tomorrow, nobody will remember the world-changing event.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Beardsley View Post
    Almost none. There might be some preteens here that may live well into the hundreds.

For some reason I can't get the scene out of my head where Bender dreams in binary and says "ones and zeroes <?> and I think I saw a two".
    11/11/2011 11:11:11

Next year we'll get a 12/12/12.

But there'll never be a 13/13/13, unless we get around to adopting Smarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Beardsley View Post
    Ooh! I've just noticed this bit! (I normally read everything in aliensdididit's threads except for aliensdididit's posts and links.)

Just set your clock and you can! If it's on a programable device, just program it so it always shows the same time! Or just draw it on a piece of paper that looks a little like a clock! Every second of every day can be 11/11/11 11:11:11!!! Sure, it defeats the purpose of having a clock, but what is that compared to the incredible importance of numerology?!? And it would be life changing, with everything always happening at 11/11/11 11:11:11!

And why stop there???? Why not have more ones? Why can't it be 1111/1111/1111 1111:1111:1111?!?1?!?!? THAT WILL mAKE it EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!! The possibilities are ENDLESS!!!!1111!!!!

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Can't be as meaningful as June 6, 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby Boardman View Post

Silly, there can't be a 13/13/13 because the calendar ends in 2012.

Oh noes! I turned back! Now what will happen??

P.S., there can be a 13/13/13 on a lunar calendar.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

It's going to be weird not having "matching" days after next year! There's been one every year except 2000 since I was six.

Whatever will I look forward to to spice up my boring life?
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

Isn't there supposed to be a movie coming out on 11/11/11? I'll bet all my Monopoly money that that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    It's going to be weird not having "matching" days after next year! There's been one every year except 2000 since I was six.

The next doomsday prediction. I'm sure aliensdidit will keep us informed.
    "There are powers in this universe beyond anything you know. There is much you have to learn. Go to your homes. Go and give thought to the mysteries of the universe. I will leave you now, in peace." --Galaxy Being

Quote Originally Posted by Luckmeister View Post
    The next doomsday prediction. I'm sure aliensdidit will keep us informed.
    I don't find those amusing, I find them annoying. I'm just sad I won't get that little thrill from writing the date on a school assignmentcand getting to see the same number 3 times. It always gives me a little smile.
    The greatest journey of all time, for all to see
    Every mission makes our dreams reality
    And our destiny begins with you and me
    Through all space and time, the achievement of mankind
    As we sail the sea of discovery, on heroes’ wings we fly!

something big will be revealed to us tommorrow
    Well, that was even duller than I expected.

Wait until 2/2/22 22:22

It's funny. I remember living through the date 7/7/77. All those lucky numbers. Other than a small blurb in the paper I didn't see a thing about it.

Oh yeah. We didn't have the internet in it's full froth and glory then.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Chimp View Post
    It's funny. I remember living through the date 7/7/77. All those lucky numbers. Other than a small blurb in the paper I didn't see a thing about it.

Sigh.....wasn't live so much easier then? The bliss of ignorance......

Huh, good point. I was 18 then. I remember a lot of things from 1977 better than I remember what happened last year, and I don't even remember a small blurb in the paper.

I love the Internet, but it sure has led to a wider dispersion of the crazy.

Huh, good point. I was 18 then. I remember a lot of things from 1977 better than I remember what happened last year, and I don't even remember a small blurb in the paper.

I love the Internet, but it sure has led to a wider dispersion of the crazy.
    I agree, the good thing in the net is you have a choice to ignore certain things. Whereas if you aren't blind and deaf even the reputed media spill all kind information over you you don't need and especially don't want to know.

Over here the papers (in 1977) were full of "Standesamt* needs to work overhours", and "all places were marriage parties could be hold are fully booked". Maybe that is only because my dad happened to have birthday on 7/7/33 and was making fun of all those people running to get their marriage scheduled on that day.

*Standesamt: The place in the local commuity administration were you get your marriage certificate.

And we only had 30 minute news programs where they actually worked on presenting news rather than try to fill time and make it entertaining.
    Now we have 24 hour news stations, and local stations that turn the news into a whole morning show.

I don't find those amusing, I find them annoying. I'm just sad I won't get that little thrill from writing the date on a school assignmentcand getting to see the same number 3 times. It always gives me a little smile.
    In a couple of years you'll be writing 11/12/13/

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    In a couple of years you'll be writing 11/12/13/
    And in the US, we'll get to do it a month (minus a day) earlier than most of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    And we only had 30 minute news programs where they actually worked on presenting news rather than try to fill time and make it entertaining.
    Now we have 24 hour news stations, and local stations that turn the news into a whole morning show.
    The Today Show first aired in 1952. When I was a child in the '80s, admittedly after CNN debuted, my mother turned on the local news at four in the afternoon and watched it, plus half an hour of national news, until seven. And there were always stupid human interest stories.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Anything yet? Anyone?