Thread: Speach recognition software

Speach recognition software

My wife was thinking of buying Dragon speaking naturally for me for Christmas, so I did some searching and found that speach recognion was in the Vista operating system. I decided to try even though I have Windows 7. It types as I talk after a brief delay, but only an occasional word that I said plus lots of words that apparently came from nowhere. My first sentence, I spoke was "now is the hour to take a shower while the bloom is on the sage" followed by other nonsence coments. Then I started reading what it wrote out loud and it kept typing repeating only an occassional word. Following is the document only slightly edited: Not once did hour to take a shower of the loan was on Prozac I four Florida to go on a lot of salesman's Bobbitt and we were testing streams at 1/8 00 at the above a row has ever had gotten richer and more back on the up a rule rental rate with your hometown boy down last reading the inner ear when our best lot of burning to develop a residence but recognition software on those soda and shorten the restaurant and comments to know the AR restaurant is about 100 or so some diameter and to answer a string made our whole gamut in a house under the saloon was flying whether a member & were too low level ground swimming pool was could say your air from the state BibleAt Steinbrenner dye and other outlets out of 000 to 00 at a north and hour to an additional room only low level on Prozac to one I don't see a strong work with them and sun through a lot of guys will forward to go on home sales and all that and Kristin stringer was the 1800 at the involve a role has ever gotten mature and when that owned the alked and will run all right with your hometown boy tell me eciate a look at the fetus that was little and about a channel that it was not widely cited unlike that of a of them are invited literally started really is time to time of water used armored on a benign came out really does time that a wrongful already knows top of our but the second the grand ballroom sounds of the odds are that altered to live them below a wooden other type or right next all and all grandson of items are the old or too loud bang below what the other titles right next low rental or right next up is a bit of a route will visit was wounded soul run it would not permit out of action and little lord you should do eally object or you'll they read the sole legitimate to Toro for you to read, write the pressures are without some form than light bulb pressure was our web lots a forearm by whom a room through word count was to run into a packet of the book of a tire of the bible study a document that what NATO was a lot of Mormons I read the entire was a document that I use of five was really in sales and a hope that the brighter side but was unable to as at a given a I've I read the entire was about to let the titles of five was really on Scios a whole slew of the brighter side was on a wild throw as at 11 AI have a a a hold from Owens brighter side was on that one at one trouble as a love of that I AM I am not regulate monthOctober get a close look once October gonna coleslaw by his mind is to call slow monthOctober denial coleslaw by as my nails to call for all one studies October you dial coleslaw wired as my mails a tool called 11 lawyer does my emails to a tool called it a lot of a of water does why 8 miles to lecture will call it a lot of weight of water does 188 miles to lecture will call up a lot of white of water dogs 100 mapi miles to lecture will call up a lot of white of water dogs Bengals right is right that I'm buying goals Friday announced ride the time bind goals from the on the lots time bible was from the on the lots getting calls for monthOctober one of coleslaw why does my nose A slower monthOctober denial coleslaw by mondale's a call for one study October you dial called salt water it as white Males but told called the level of the one here does quite a ride it was too loud tool called a long and well watered as white miles to electoral: lot of weight of water goes on at our lady of the miles to lecture will call up a lot of light of water down as 100 of mapping models to lecture will call up a lot of Whitewater dogs Bengals bride was right but I'm buying the golds Friday abounds ride the time bind goals from a the longer the lunch time the bible was from the on longer tool called a long and well watered as a white rhinos to live up to oriole: lot of light of water goes on at our lady of the models to lecture ruled: a lot of light of water down as 100 of Napa models two lecture will call up a lot of Whitewater dogs Bengals bride was right when I'm buying book called Friday on buns ride to the time buyers goals from a eight million longer the lunchtime the bible was from a man on the one or toll call the loaded double bothered as abide by Dole announced to live up to love Orioles' one of the light of water goes on at our lady of bottles to lecture rules for one and white of water down as all 100 not all models to lecture will gobble up a lot of Whitewater globes Bengals cried was right when I'm buying a book called Friday on the bomb was ride on the time by numerous calls for an eight men and one urn a lunchtime at the all of us Ronald Et on that one or toll call the order double bothered as as I did buy it told amounts to live up on too long orioles one of the little white of water goes on at our lady of bottles to lecture roles for one and on and let you up water down as all of 100 of all bottles to lecture will gobble up all one white water globes BiblesThe tried was right on the buying a book called Friday on the bomb was tried on time by a number as calls on for a night Mayan a lot of Anna a lifetime of all the ones from old back of the one god or toll calls an hour double bothered as I did buy data on NACT as told amounts to live up to law to longer or until the button that it would bring us up and 40 one of the southern tip of a of a and as a growing need for my commitment at the mid and
    It does not seem to be learning my pronuciation at all quickly. Any suggestions?

Yes; stop giving it feedback and say the same thing repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by neilzero View Post
    Any suggestions?
    What do the directions say? My old mac has a limited voice control and if I turned off keywords, my cat could trigger the voice response. The software I used didn't take much time to "learn" pronunciation but being 10+ years old, it was very limited. I learned to turn it off a long time ago, it was only programmed to tell a couple of jokes and they got old very fast.
    Solfe

Did you train it according to the instructions first?

It's the software (together with a third part add on that allows easy addition of new words) Terry Pratchett has been using to write his books since losing the ability to touch-type from PCA, which would rather indicate that you're not using it right to get such a result as you did.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain