Thread: I think I'm becoming an SG1 addict

I think I'm becoming an SG1 addict

Okay so I just discovered the show, (after all it's only been on for what 7 years?). Good s.f. fun... =D> Is there a spin-off as well?

Re: I think I'm becoming an SG1 addict

Quote Originally Posted by banquo's_bumble_puppy
    Okay so I just discovered the show, (after all it's only been on for what 7 years?). Good s.f. fun... =D> Is there a spin-off as well?
    Stargate Atlantis is the spin-off. I like them both. 8)

Edit to add link for SGA.

I still prefer SG-1 to Atlantis. Atlantis is prety good, but really the only characters i like come with a accent or the main guy, Shepard i think he is called. The plot lines are getting prety good, and hopefully they will not get stuck in a rut of "Visit planet, find out their super secret hidden base and technology, do something to screw up". I want more of the episodes like the mysterious creature that both givesa good change of pace aand more history about the aincents.

Im not to impressed by the women of the show (atlantis). They are either to boring or too cliche. Nuthing like Carter on SG-1. She has came out of the idiotic "need" to be PC on tv shows and shown to be good looking woman who is smart and actually does not always have to be the strongest, best warrior of the bunch. Unlike Whats her name on Atlantis who is the exact opposite of Carter and the defenitoin of political correctness.

My wife and I are the very definition of Stargate addicts. We're only missing seasons 3 and 6 if SG-1 in our DVD collection. Like Humphrey, I too prefer SG-1 over Atlantis, but my wife loves them both.

I was wondering, i know what Sg-1 used to be on pay cable, showtime i think. Was it actually different then?

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey
    I was wondering, i know what Sg-1 used to be on pay cable, showtime i think. Was it actually different then?
    Only the first episode is noticibly different because of FCC restrictions on nudity.

Glom is offline Insert awesome title here
    The DVD containing that episode is certificate 18! Of course, this is not "let's play the sex card to grab ratings" type of nudity. This is the type of nudity they use in movies like Amistad or Schindler's List, where they use it to up the horror factor by being graphic.

But that's the only difference I know of from Showtime to SciFi to UPN.

All the episodes up through, I think, season 5 are Showtime, so no, no really significant changes.

Quote Originally Posted by banquo's_bumble_puppy
    Well can you spell the Shova's name?

Do you know how the Shova got his forehead thingy? Then you understand why I call him Shova.

What is Samantha Carter's middle name? Come on if you really were an addict you would know that one.

If you can answer any one of those questions you have the POTENTIAL to be an addict.

A correct answer for two means that you are a curable addict.

If you know the answer to the last question you are incurable.

Az

Quote Originally Posted by Azerelus
    T'ilc [sp?]
    Do you know how the Shova got his forehead thingy? Then you understand why I call him Shova.
    Cattle branding.....

Seriousl. its got something to due with pouring liqid gold onto the skin right?

What is Samantha Carter's middle name? Come on if you really were an addict you would know that one.
    Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerelus
    T'ilc [sp?]
    Cattle branding.....

Seriousl. its got something to due with pouring liqid gold onto the skin right?

Bob.
    1. Teal'c

2. The liquid gold thing is right, it's the mark of Apophis. The coiled serpent. It's from when Teal'c was first prime to Apophis.

3. I have no idea, does she even have a middle name?

I am a SG1 addict. Love the series ever since it appeared on Showtime. Too bad they dropped distribution. I am thinking about buying a Stargate Jacket so I can wear it when I watch the series on DVD. Wife thinks I's crazy. But that's O.K.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga
    I am a SG1 addict. Love the series ever since it appeared on Showtime. Too bad they dropped distribution. I am thinking about buying a Stargate Jacket so I can wear it when I watch the series on DVD. Wife thinks I's crazy. But that's O.K.
    Doesn't DirecTV carry the SciFi channel?

But unfortunately, I don't get the SciFi Channel.

Why not check this site, Stargate SG-1 Information Archive, for your SG-1 needs. Or just google on SG-1.

But
    [Charleston Heston reverb]
    ~BEWARE~ [/Charleston Heston reverb]
    of spoilers in the episode guides.

Of course never forget The Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5 for all of your Babylon 5 information.

Kizarvexis

I've been a StarGate fan since i can remember i saw the film and loved it and then when i heard there was a show i'd stay up late and disobay my mother (with my dads permission) to watch it. Now i have all the DVD's except the ones that haven't been released in a box set.

Oh and the answer for question 2 is that the skin is cut out and then liquid gold is poured into the wound and i used to know where you got it done but its slipped my mind. And Sam has a middle name

Whats everybody's fav ep?
    Mines the one where Jack and T'ealc get stuck in a time loop... it goes to show as i've actualy bought the book its idea came from, "The strange life of Ivan Osokin" its supposed to be hilarious but it comes on the fourth with rome total war big problems... unless i read it during the enemy turns

Quote Originally Posted by electromagneticpulse
    Whats everybody's fav ep?
    Mines the one where Jack and T'ealc get stuck in a time loop... it goes to show as i've actualy bought the book its idea came from, "The strange life of Ivan Osokin" its supposed to be hilarious but it comes on the fourth with rome total war big problems... unless i read it during the enemy turns
    That one's great! I love the golf through the wormhole.

O'Neil: "How far is P3X2987?"

Teal'c: "About a trillion miles, O'Neil." (Edit: is it billion or trillion?)

O'Neil: "That's gotta be some kind of a record."

And the best line in the ep....

Hammond: "O'Neil!"

O'Neil: "In the middle of my backswing!?"

I like the one with Seth, they have a classic line from O'Neil: "If I wake up singing saprano so help me."

But my all time favorite episode has got to be the first one. "Come'on for this, you can stay at my place."

There have been others along the way, but it's hard to choose. (Wormhole Extreme is another favorite, "What do you mean 'it's not a real show'?")

Those have got to be some of the funnyest quotes.

My fav all time quote would be when sam and jack are stuck underwater in a Anubis' ship (i think thats the one it has the ninja Jaffa on), their talking on the radio telling jacob to hurry up and jacks last message is

"could you hurry up we're looking at some major shrinkage down here"

which had me on the floor crying with laughter, i had to put the seeking on the DVD back about 5 mins to get to the right spot to keep watching.

I think Teal'cs line on the golf one is "about several billion light years, O'neil" But i'll find out im watching from series 1 yet again so sooner or later i'll get to it.

I have to say for a show which involves the end of the world a lot its funnyer then most comedys that are coming out of america. But then again im from england so im used to comedys like red dwarf and blackadder, etc which are actualy sitcoms (situation comedy) and i ask how exactly is friends a sitcom because thats litrally like some peoples lives, although i still think its good it shows america's standard of situations. You cant get better situation then being millions of light years from home living on a space ship with a hologram a cat and an insane computer.

stargate jacket

If anyone is a stargate fan there is a stargate jacket forsale on ebay at the moment!

I think stargate is a great show along with JAG!

here is the link for the jacket:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

While trapped on board a naquadah-filled asteroid about to hit Earth:

"Carter... I can see my house from here!"