Page 419 of 419 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419
Results 12,541 to 12,548 of 12548

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

  1. #12541
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    10,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    The average mass of the ants in my coffee maker has to be very small indeed.
    What do they do to the coffee's flavor? Considering some of the coffee idiocy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_luwak, anyone?), you might have a veritable gold mine.
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

    How do things fly? This explains it all.

    Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.



  2. #12542
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    The average mass of the ants in my coffee maker has to be very small indeed.
    I see no research to support this.
    Do good work. óVirgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

  3. #12543
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    3,358
    We have 10 cats and 13 litter boxes. I clean all the boxes every evening when I come home. I know more about used cat litter than any of you.
    Do good work. óVirgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom

  4. #12544
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nowhere (middle)
    Posts
    37,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    I know more about used cat litter than any of you.
    Ignorance ...is bliss.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

  5. #12545
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Great NorthWet
    Posts
    14,808
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    We have 10 cats and 13 litter boxes. I clean all the boxes every evening when I come home. I know more about used cat litter than any of you.
    According to a veterinarian I once heard on a call-in show, you're probably not doing it correctly. She was quite dogmatic. ALL commercial cat boxes are too small; you MUST use a pan intended for installing wallpaper, 3ft by 2ft by six inches deep. And there MUST be one for each cat, plus an extra, on each floor of the house. So unless you have the huge pans and just one floor.....
    Oh, and there was also a specific brand of litter that was the only kind you could use.

    Oh, nuts. I just heard one throwing up, gotta go.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

  6. #12546
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    The Great NorthWet
    Posts
    14,808
    Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    What do they do to the coffee's flavor? Considering some of the coffee idiocy (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_luwak, anyone?), you might have a veritable gold mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    I see no research to support this.
    It's been around five years since the ants invaded the coffee maker, I'm kind of astounded that anyone remembered the incident. But it wasn't just a matter of flavor -- they invaded it so thoroughly it no longer worked.

    I think I meant "average mass per ant". The ants in question were the Little Black Ant, Monomorium minimum. They are really small, so can get in anywhere.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

  7. #12547
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Central Florida.
    Posts
    5,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    It's been around five years since the ants invaded the coffee maker, I'm kind of astounded that anyone remembered the incident. But it wasn't just a matter of flavor -- they invaded it so thoroughly it no longer worked.

    I think I meant "average mass per ant". The ants in question were the Little Black Ant, Monomorium minimum. They are really small, so can get in anywhere.
    Should add tartness. The formic acid would lower the pH. But somebody else can do the taste test.

  8. #12548
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    No longer near Grover's Mill
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    According to a veterinarian I once heard on a call-in show, you're probably not doing it correctly.
    We had problem where our cat decided she didnít want to urinate in her box anymore. There vet recommended ďas big a pan as you can fitĒ. He also said a plug-in pheromone thing often helps. We tried both, plus unscented litter, and so far so good. (About 3 months)

    The pheromone thing ran out and Iím holding off purchasing a refill unless itís really needed.

    Meanwhile, despite repeated cleaning, the carpet in the finished basement still smells when the sun comes through the window just right.



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Similar Threads

  1. Trivial coincidences from everyday life.
    By Buttercup in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 2012-Nov-02, 09:08 PM
  2. Trivial Relief:
    By Moose in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2006-Jul-19, 01:20 PM
  3. Bad Astronomy in Trivial Pursuit, Genus 5 Edition
    By tracer in forum Small Media at Large
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2005-May-12, 01:52 PM
  4. Trivial lawsuits are stupid, but listen to my story...
    By Brady Yoon in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2005-Apr-29, 01:44 PM
  5. Trivial lawsuits are stupid, but listen to my story...
    By Brady Yoon in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2005-Apr-28, 01:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •