Thread: Hey folks. just saying hi. :)

Pretty much in the middle, and a little way up.

Hey folks. just saying hi. :)

I don't come here much any more, but not for lack of love.

i just thought I'd pop in and say hello, tell you guys you're still the fun and weird group I love hanging with, and to promise that I have a few really weird science-related questions to ask on this lovely, weird site.

I've been getting myself dry in the past couple of years; it has been a hard go but I'm finally - I hope - on top of it. My S-F writing is getting better, and despite my earlier enthusiasm, I think I may be getting a handle on that too. In RL by kicking the booze in the pants I'm slowly regaining my earlier respect as a Pressman, though that is a MUCH harder go.
    In short, things are on the up, but there is a HELL of a lot of 'up' ahead of me.
    I just wanted to say hi, and that I adore and appreciate this forum.

As a side note, I've been doing pretty good things in the game Elite: Dangerous and assisting my wife in Second Life; those projects are showing great results and I am, at this moment, very happy.
    As one of Cosmoquest's less salubrious members, I just wanted to say things are going well, and in general looking up.

Cheers friends!
    "The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there's no difference."

"Aikido: the art of hitting people with planets."

Hi back at you. Hope you continue your journey to a better life.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hi, ND, glad you're at a good place in your life!
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Glad to see you checking in and you are doing all right.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

ND, Iím happy to see you back. If you have any questions, Iíll be try to help if I can.
    As above, so below

Pretty much in the middle, and a little way up.
    Thanks folks
    I can't remember who said it, but "It's weird to look at where you've been to come to the place where you are now."
    I'm done apologizing, but I was not a very good member of this forum - I was in a bad place and was lashing out. I'm on the upswing now; I can ignore the big losses - where I feel I should be - with the small gains - where I am now.
    Just wanted to say I love you folks, and that you're in my heart.
    Cheers!
    *OH! I remembered - that quote is Paul McCartney.
    "The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there's no difference."

"Aikido: the art of hitting people with planets."

So glad you're doing well.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

All the best...