Page 301 of 408 FirstFirst ... 201251291299300301302303311351401 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,030 of 12237

Thread: Really trivial stuff that bugs you

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    You should be glad you don't live in Australia then. Coffee making and drinking is a subject of great importance in popular culture here...
    Yes, and we also have a local-international dispute between who invented the "flat white", Australia vs. All Blacks (NZ). The names suggest the correct answer.
    Last edited by Canis Lupus; 2017-Mar-27 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    Yes, and we also have a local-international dispute between who invented the "flat white", Australia vs. All Blacks (NZ). The names suggest the correct answer.
    Just don't mention the Pavlova.

So you use sports to decide food debates?

Quote Originally Posted by KaiYeves View Post
    So you use sports to decide food debates?
    Either that or play two-up.

If that fails, we punch the living daylights out of each other after a few beers - an Aussie tradition more so than Kiwi.

Just don't mention the Pavlova.
    I know - apparently they are claiming that too. The hide!

Either that or play two-up.

If that fails, we punch the living daylights out of each other after a few beers - an Aussie tradition more so than Kiwi.
    We should import these methods to the US to resolve the current Internet flame wars about pineapple on pizza, although as the two sides are not regionally divided it would be harder.

We should import these methods to the US to resolve the current Internet flame wars about pineapple on pizza, although as the two sides are not regionally divided it would be harder.
    Who cares about pineapple on pizza - the important thing is to have beetroot slices on burgers.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    I am getting almost a tired about coffee snobbery as wine snobbery.

My annoyance is, however, directed at those people who think that coffee was invented in Seattle and nobody in the US knew how to make it before then. It's especially irksome when they seem to believe cappuccino and espresso were invented in Seattle by a bunch of wispy-bearded hipsters.
    I like a good cup of coffee (partial to Community brand). Our office provides coffee, labeled "Seattle's Best."

If that's their best, I do not want to try their worst, or even their middlin' good.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I like a good cup of coffee (partial to Community brand). Our office provides coffee, labeled "Seattle's Best."

If that's their best, I do not want to try their worst, or even their middlin' good.
    Seattle's Best used to have delicious coffee, before they went to their number system. I still lament the ending of their old brand--their whole bean French roasted tasted like happiness.

I don't drink coffee, but there are several places in town with "the Starbucks across the street from the Starbucks."

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

There's a coffee place along the main commercial strip in town here that has plain white letters on a green background saying "STARBUCKS COFFEE". There is no logo of any kind (mermaid or anything), so I suspect it's a knock-off of some kind. Not sure how they're getting away with it.

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I don't drink coffee, but there are several places in town with "the Starbucks across the street from the Starbucks."
    Greenwich Village is very similar. I think there are four within five blocks of my dorm.

Who cares about pineapple on pizza - the important thing is to have beetroot slices on burgers.
    More people than you'd realize, but I agree that it is a very dumb thing to fight over and that those people could be better occupying their time.
    Last edited by KaiYeves; 2017-Mar-27 at 06:13 PM.

Greenwich Village is very similar. I think there are four within five blocks of my dorm.

More people than you'd realize, but I agree that it is a very dumb thing to fight over and that those people could be better occupying their time.
    It is my educated guess that if the pizza issue went away, these people would find something else to bicker about.

A friend of ours is miffed I don't want to meet Woman #5 (having known him since 1992) in his life.

After I befriended his 2nd wife for 20 years (they divorced in late 2015).

My sister's also in her 5th relationship.

"Sorry" - I'm just tired of other peoples' romantic dramas.

If husband and I can keep our marriage together all these years, well I've little patience anymore for others' stupidity and/or selfishness.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 2017-Mar-27 at 08:24 PM.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Another thing that bugs me about this friend is that he apparently expects others should only want to joke around over beer and cigarettes - for hours. I stopped going along with that quite some time ago (I don't smoke, and seldom drink besides). I also have social needs, which aren't being met via him. His new girlfriend (they showed up at my in-laws' BBQ two weeks ago) also chain smokes and drinks.

Same old.

Why should I go along with it? I won't. I have interests and hobbies, pursuits, etc.; while I don't seek to dominate a conversation, I want conversation to a point!

I won't go on humoring this man. If husband wants to, be my guest.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 2017-Mar-27 at 09:28 PM.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

The people at the next table over are amusing themselves by reading online erotic want-ads aloud in the middle of the dining hall with no thought as to whether the other patrons care to hear. We don't and we're eating.

The people at the next table over are amusing themselves by reading online erotic want-ads aloud in the middle of the dining hall with no thought as to whether the other patrons care to hear. We don't and we're eating.
    That's totally obnoxious and offensive. Making others uncomfortable was likely a deliberate part of their amusement. Er, did you happen to catch the site they were on?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I just got three more email notifications from Tapatalk. Very annoying.

I'm getting really annoyed with unwanted emails from Tapatalk!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I've disabled emails several times. This last time, I disabled everything. Another email, and Tapatalk will get deleted. Although, I wonder if that will stop them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

Quote Originally Posted by Kennewick Man View Post
    That's totally obnoxious and offensive. Making others uncomfortable was likely a deliberate part of their amusement. Er, did you happen to catch the site they were on?

No, I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    I think I figured out how to disable email notifications. You have to work your way to the Tapatalk main page and click "me" at the bottom. Under settings is a section about email notifications. The default settings are apparently to "spam me".

Quote Originally Posted by Kennewick Man View Post
    On my device, it's in the Settings function. You can (and will) get notifications for just about anything unless you select not to. It is "really trivial" to change.

I just checked and all e-mail functions are still off, but they keep spamming me. I've sent them an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I just got three more email notifications from Tapatalk. Very annoying.

I'm getting really annoyed with unwanted emails from Tapatalk!
    I am so glad I never installed Tapatalk.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Yep, I'm starting to regret it. My not-so-cutesy reply to KaiYeves a few posts above was made worse by ending with an emoticon which I did not select (and my fault for not checking after posting). A new really trivial annoyance.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    And I got a notification email because you quoted me for this post. Becoming non-trivial. Interestingly, it's only happening from CQ, not my other forum ISF. Any chance some setting changed on the CQ end?

Are your e-mails blank though? When I did get updates a while back (when I wanted them), the e-mail usually had a snippet of the reply in it. Now all these e-mails are blank (with giant graphic quotes meant to pleasingly - I guess - frame the snippet).

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

I just noticed that there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of one of the emails.

Let's see what that does.

I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I hadn't seen that, because I'd only been looking at it on the phone. Now that I look on the computer, I see that and have clicked on that. We'll see if it works.

I'm still suspicious that this may have resulted in something that changed at the forum.

Right now, both of my classes are online. The routine is basically, read a chapter and then write a post answering questions on the chapter. One class, the teacher only cares about the main post but the teacher in the other class requires two posts in response to other student's posts, discussing the topic. Sometimes it is really difficult to respond to the posts because everyone is typing slight variations of the same information. One student annoys me because her responses are almost as if she thinks she is the teacher. They are always is the fashion of, "Very well organized. Your answers are clear and informative..." or "I would try doing X more..." but nothing on the topic. Her latest critique of my post, "I would use more than one source if you are going to use that much information." I don't want to hurt my standing but I would love to snap back at her, "A) half the time you ramble off topic and I can't even find the answers to the questions in your posts. B) You don't even source the assigned readings, despite the fact that I've seen you blatantly plagiarize the text book. C) The outside sources you do use are one the teacher specifically told us he doesn't consider valid sources."
    My actual response, "Thank you for your input."

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I hadn't seen that, because I'd only been looking at it on the phone. Now that I look on the computer, I see that and have clicked on that. We'll see if it works.

I'm still suspicious that this may have resulted in something that changed at the forum.
    No more stupid notifications. So far so good.

running out of gas on the bbq half way through cooking something.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/