Thread: Total images counter

Total images counter

I like Ice Investigators a lot, and I like this forum more than the one at Ice Hunters, but there's something I miss: A total batch image counter.
    It would be nice to see the number of images we have to analyze yet, the total number of image in the batch...

What do you think?

That would be nice. But wouldn't it be a fixed number? Or do you think they are adding more images as time goes by?

In Ice Hunters there were 2 numbers: total images and # of images already analyzed by people. So the 1st is fixed but the 2nd isn't. Furthermore, there were several batches of images coming from different telescopes, etc. I don't know how many or if they are going to do the same here though (I hope so ).

My point is, setting a global goal and seeing the progress can be very motivating IMHO.

Ok, I understand. I think your request has already been made in this thread:

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...he-beta-labels!

That thread seems to be the one where we can make suggestions for corrections, new features, etc. The title of the thread, though, doesn't make this very clear.

We're working on a full stats page. I'm not quite sure when it will go live, but it should be in the next week. It will allow you to see all the numbers for all the projects. Over time we'll also add badges to that page, and progress on challenges.

Cheers,
    Pamela

Ups, didn't see that! Thanks both!
    P.S.: I'm curious to see the badges/challenges feature, sure it's great!

Quote Originally Posted by DanishDynamite View Post
    That would be nice. But wouldn't [total images in a batch] be a fixed number? Or do you think they are adding more images as time goes by?
    Hah! IceHunters started with one or two million "total" images to view. When almost all were viewed... oop! Another million or two were added. This continued until over 8 million images! I wonder what the count in Ice Investigators will get up to.