Thread: Image loading time "solution"?

Question Image loading time "solution"?

As pointed out in another post , there are some issues with the loading times. But even when it's fast, we have to wait some seconds from one image to another. It seems minor, but that's a lot if you mark many images .

Would it be very difficult or troublesome to add the possibility of downloading the next image just after loading the current one? That way, while you are marking your image, the next is being "prepared" in the background, shortening the waiting time dramatically.

Another way to fix this problem is to add offline capabilities. This was mentioned by starstryder, but she was referring to a mobile app. I don't know whether that would cause more problems related to the number of users reviewing each image, etc.

What's your opinion on this issue?

I'm totally in favor of faster load times, but your suggestion is essentially technical and I have no idea whether it might be feasible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by elelectronlibre View Post
    As pointed out in another post , there are some issues with the loading times. But even when it's fast, we have to wait some seconds from one image to another. It seems minor, but that's a lot if you mark many images .

Would it be very difficult or troublesome to add the possibility of downloading the next image just after loading the current one? That way, while you are marking your image, the next is being "prepared" in the background, shortening the waiting time dramatically.

Another way to fix this problem is to add offline capabilities. This was mentioned by starstryder, but she was referring to a mobile app. I don't know whether that would cause more problems related to the number of users reviewing each image, etc.

What's your opinion on this issue?
    As DanishDynamite says, I don't know is it's possible in our case, but you can see that load system working in the Stardust@home project: http://stardustathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/index.php (the site maybe is under maintenance due a new phase in the project)

Something I do that works well is to open Ice Investigators in two windows. I move back and forth between the two windows clicking on one while the other is loading.
    Attachment 62

Thanks all for your comments!

@DanishDinamyte Yes, I know as you said this is a strictly technical issue, I just wanted to know whether it was easily feasible or not, and whether the project team is working on a "solution" for our problem.

@Shigeru, that's exactly what I had in mind! Nice project BTW, didn't know that one.

@cents, lol great idea! Simple and effective! Thanks!

Hi All - If you are having this problem, it's because there are no more images in the system that you haven't already seen! I just put up a blog post here: http://cosmoquest.org/blog/2012/06/h...set-1-or-many/

You are all full of win!