Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Google tribute to SS1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,852

    Google tribute to SS1

    Google's just updated their website for the occasion! It's a nice SS1 tribute...
    www.google.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,019
    Nicely done!
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,852
    Thought so too.
    Btw I'd like everyone to notice that for once I actually BEAT ToSeek on something!!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda321
    Thought so too.
    Btw I'd like everyone to notice that for once I actually BEAT ToSeek on something!!!!
    My browser has a field where I can enter Google searches directly, so I don't often get to the actual Google home page.

    But take your victories where you can.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,550
    I must be missing something. I see nothing special at Google.com or Google.ca

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,019
    It may not have gotten to your particular server, but to us the logo currently looks like this.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,185
    Do they have an archive of all past special logos?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,019
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie
    Do they have an archive of all past special logos?
    Yes.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,185
    Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek
    Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinpie
    Do they have an archive of all past special logos?
    Yes.
    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    2,138

    Re: Google tribute to SS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda321
    Google's just updated their website for the occasion! It's a nice SS1 tribute...
    www.google.com
    They'll change it soon, (when Mount St. Helens blows again, or...?) so here is a direct link:

    Google Honors Space Ship One.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Posts
    30,019

    Re: Google tribute to SS1

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda321
    Google's just updated their website for the occasion! It's a nice SS1 tribute...
    www.google.com
    They'll change it soon, (when Mount St. Helens blows again, or...?) so here is a direct link:

    Google Honors Space Ship One.
    Didn't I just do that?
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    4,183
    Yes


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    2,171
    Cool!

    Only think I don't like about the Google homage is that it depicts SS1 travelling on a huge ballistic trajectory covering thousands of miles -- practically half way to orbit -- when in reality it only went up to 62 miles altitude and came right back down again.

    The alien space ship, on the other hand, is 100% accurate. :wink:

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,775
    Maybe I missed it, no new logo on google.co.uk yet (5th Oct)

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer
    Cool!

    Only think I don't like about the Google homage is that it depicts SS1 travelling on a huge ballistic trajectory covering thousands of miles -- practically half way to orbit -- when in reality it only went up to 62 miles altitude and came right back down again.

    The alien space ship, on the other hand, is 100% accurate. :wink:
    Also, SS1 is much smaller than that. The way they show it, it looks to be several thousand miles long. I haven't seen the specs, but I am almost certain that it is much shorter than that.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    108
    I think the SS1 looks like a fish.
    My favorite is Escher.

Similar Threads

  1. Google Oceans, Google Mars
    By Fraser in forum Universe Today
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-Feb-03, 09:44 AM
  2. Tribute to space
    By Pittsburghmuggle in forum Space Exploration
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2006-Apr-17, 03:52 PM
  3. Tribute to the Dead
    By Candy in forum Off-Topic Babbling
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 2005-Oct-06, 03:18 PM
  4. Google tribute to Apollo 11
    By P.Asmah in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2005-Jul-21, 08:39 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •