Page 321 of 340 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,630 of 10179

Thread: Really trivial stuff that amuses you...

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    When a TARDIS cabin sinks into a dark hole, how large does its interior become?
    If you put a Portable Hole into a Bag of Holding inside a Tardis, what happens?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    If you put a Portable Hole into a Bag of Holding inside a Tardis, what happens?
    You've gone and divided by zero. It's the end.

The one to sign "007" is every other owner of a custom license plate... so lacking in imagination that they come no further than "my initials 007".
    I have two custom license plates, with a word from Proto-Indo-European (even related to vehicular transportation!) on each one. I knew it would confuse most observers, but I've been waiting to see whether a fellow linguist would ever recognize one of them and comment. One time while I was sitting in the car I saw someone look at my plate and smile, but she said nothing to me (and might not have even seen me), so I don't know whether that counts as recognizing the word or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger E. Moore View Post
    Wouldn't this be like typing "Google" into Google? (Don't try this.)
    I'm disappointed. I was hoping for something more Googley... like a search results page with nothing but "Google" in the text, links to Google, and Google logos as the suggested images... like in "Being John Malkovich" when he enters the thing other people have been using to experience being him for a while & partially take over his body, and sees a restaurant/lounge scene where the customers are all Malkovich, the waiters are all Malkovich, their conversations are "Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich", and the piano has Malkovich playing it and Malkovich in a dress on top of it singing "Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich".

In Nova Scotia there is a lawsuit because a person wants to use his last name on a licence plate, it happens to be Grabher.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Internet hack: type "*" in google. Hit enter. Now save the web page. Congratulations! You now have the internet available offline.

Internet hack: type "*" in google. Hit enter. Now save the web page. Congratulations! You now have the internet available offline.
    With quotes or without quotes?

Just like in that house sale folder I talked about, things are more true if there are quotes around them! "I really love quoted text, you can totally trust it."

Just like in that house sale folder I talked about, things are more true if there are quotes around them! "I really love quoted text, you can totally trust it."
    I am concerned because in astronomy, anything with an asterisk after it is a supermassive black hole, so if I type an asterisk into Google and get the entire internet, isn't that kind of risky?

I am concerned because in astronomy, anything with an asterisk after it is a supermassive black hole, so if I type an asterisk into Google and get the entire internet, isn't that kind of risky?
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone types "*" into Google, the Internet will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

In other news, if you switch on the rear facing camera of your phone and aim it at a mirror, place another mirror facing the front of your Phone and also switch on your front camera, your phone will see itself looking at itself and gain self-consciousness.

In other news, if you switch on the rear facing camera of your phone and aim it at a mirror, place another mirror facing the front of your Phone and also switch on your front camera, your phone will see itself looking at itself and gain self-consciousness.
    In my experience, selfies do not lead to self-consciousness. At least, for people.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don’t alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

I remember when Dilbert's boss told him to download a copy of the internet so that he could read it at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    I remember when Dilbert's boss told him to download a copy of the internet so that he could read it at the airport.
    Well, after all, the "IT Crowd" kept the internet in a small box with a red light on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    In my experience, selfies do not lead to self-consciousness. At least, for people.
    I though unhealthy high levels of self-consciousness is what lead to the selfie virus in the first place?

I though unhealthy high levels of self-consciousness is what lead to the selfie virus in the first place?
    No, high levels of self involvement lead to the virus, usually resulting from a lack of, or active avoidance of, actual self awareness.

No, high levels of self involvement lead to the virus, usually resulting from a lack of, or active avoidance of, actual self awareness.
    You know, Nietzsche said that out of chaos comes order.

The other day I was riding my bike past a riverside cafe that is very popular with mothers with young kids as there is a lovely playground alongside it - plus Black Swans and Pelicans. The combined bike path/footpath runs between the cafe and the road. Most of the playground etc is fenced off so that the young kids don't make a sudden dash onto the road but of course there are some openings. I am always very careful riding here because of the children.

So I had ridden past all of the danger spots with my hands on the brakes and had just relaxed when not a child but an adult ran straight across in front of me without looking. He was just far enough in front not be at risk as I was still going very slowly. It just amused me that I had been so careful about the children and distracted mothers etc but this man had proven to be the only danger. To his credit he was very embarrassed and apologetic.

Then I must have a very orderly life.

Entropy says the opposite, or so I'm told.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Entropy says the opposite, or so I'm told.

Biological life says maybe.

For a moment I thought that the factory nextdoors was on fire, but we had lots of rain this morning and now the may sun on the black roof makes the water evaporate at such speed that the entire roof is steaming, made extra visible by the cold air temperature.

Really trivial stuff that amuses you...

Harry’s, a shaver company whose commercials show two young guys “sticking it to the man” by forming their own company, has sold out to Schick.

As with hippies, so with hipsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Extravoice; 2019-May-10 at 02:47 PM.
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa

I just got a piece of spam e-mail suggesting that my mother wants something pink for Mothers' Day. The reason my mother didn't find out in advance if she was having boys or girls was that she was afraid of getting inundated with pink if she was having girls. She hates pink.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

The last decades, overhere it's always blue for boys and pink for girls, but traditionally it used to be the other way around.

I haven't worn a wristwatch in about a year and half. Yet, when I bumped my wrist on something hard yesterday, I reflexively looked to see if I'd cracked the watch crystal.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    I haven't worn a wristwatch in about a year and half. Yet, when I bumped my wrist on something hard yesterday, I reflexively looked to see if I'd cracked the watch crystal.
    It's too late for me to quit wearing one. Too many years of conditioning. I'd still be looking at my wrist every ten minutes or so for years, I'll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Extravoice View Post
    Harry’s, a shaver company whose commercials show two young guys “sticking it to the man” by forming their own company, has sold out to Schick.

As with hippies, so with hipsters.
    Hippies did always say, "Never trust anyone over 30." Then they turned 30...

Hippies did always say, "Never trust anyone over 30." Then they turned 30...
    When my brother-in-law turned 30, the first of my generation of family and friends to do so, we got him a shirt with "Never trust anyone under 30" printed on it. He'd been a hippie.
    Last edited by Torsten; 2019-May-13 at 02:08 AM.

I currently see my own name on 8 of the latest Last Post links. I must be bored and have too much free time.

The casebooks of two astrology doctors from 400 years ago have been placed online. They are the best thing ever, if you like reading about "pigeon slippers".

https://phys.org/news/2019-05-notori...-old-case.html