Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 2464727374
Results 2,191 to 2,193 of 2193

Thread: What are you watching?

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    But then again, not as feel good, given the apparent inability of the Rebel Alliance/Republic to make any sort of secure situation in the DECADES after the fall of the Empire, allowing the events of The Force Awakens to unfold.

(Yeah, I know, we all understand that by the end of all this - however many movies, games, cartoons, books, and comics - it'll "work out", but by all accounts the franchise's producers are going to drag this story out for a long long long time.)

CJSF
    Fiction without conflict would be really boring.

Just look at Star Trek. The Federation is practically a utopia, a way, way nicer place to live than the Galactic Republic ever was; but it's always coming into conflict with outside threats.
    Calm down, have some dip. - George Carlin

American Ninja Warrior started last week, but I didn't watch the premiere until last night. I so much love this sport, especially the athletes. I'm a little unsure of the new women's rules, though. Previously, the women competed completely equal and along the men, but this season in addition to the top 30 qualifiers moving to their city's finals, the top 5 women automatically make it. But last year 4 women made the Philadelphia finals with no such rule, and the women are getting more and more on a par with the men. It was explained that this new rule is because the women are getting stronger, but I don't see how that follows.

Also, Makoto Nagano was there!!!! He was there to support David Campell, I think? He did the ceremonial whack on the back, but my wife and I were too busy whooping it up for Nagano that we kind of missed who it was. We'll catch up with the San Antonio qualifier tonight.

CJSF
    "I found my mind on the ground below. I was looking down, it was looking back.
    I was in the sky, all dressed in black.
    See the constellation ride across the sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm.
    Just a guy made of dots and lines."
    -They Might Be Giants, "See The Constellation"

lonelybirder.org

American Gods wrapped up its first season and I can hardly wait for the second. I love the way the story is told and unfolds, the acting continues to be first rate, and now ...

Kristin Chenoweth! Just short of five feet tall, but ten feet of talent. The perfect Ostara. Now if they can just find a way to let her sing.

Wednesday: Do you believe now, Shadow?
    Shadow: I believe.
    W: What do you believe?
    S: I believe everything.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board