Thread: Gahan Wilson has died

Gahan Wilson has died

Cartoonist Gahan Wilson died on November 21. He was born in the day Pluto was discovered.

Interesting coincidence. There was no one quite like him as an illustrator of funny terror.

He was suffering from advanced dementia when he died. The same thing happened to my mother, and while I was sad to see her go, it was a relief as well. Her quality of life was not good, and I had had anxiety attacks when trying to care for her (she reached a point we could no longer take care of her at home, and honestly, the anxiety didn’t go down much when she went into the “care” facility). I expect something similar here.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." — Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I was extremely grateful when Terry Pratchett died before his dementia got too bad--though of course he'd made plans in that direction. But he wasn't even bad enough to put them into effect. There is nothing so sad to me when a creative person dies than to learn that they'd suffered from something that took their creativity and personality away first.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"