Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 3191

Thread: What are you watching?

My wife, her sister and I watched about 50% of the Fawlty Towers tv series from my DVDs, while waiting out the hurricane's passage.

These shows held up rather well, were still funny.

Quote Originally Posted by DonM435 View Post
    My wife, her sister and I watched about 50% of the Fawlty Towers tv series from my DVDs, while waiting out the hurricane's passage.

These shows held up rather well, were still funny.
    Yes, I love them, though they are mildly annoying as well. I'm always sitting there almost screaming, no, Fawlty, don't dig yourself in even deeper!!!
    As above, so below

We're watching Sesame Street with Irene, which she calls "Puhkee Show." Hoping to get her some work on her letters and numbers!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Comedy network is doing a marathon of Roasts ending with Alec Baldwin, so could use a good laugh.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Ad Astra looks interesting doubt I get I will see in theaters, specially Imax the closest one is a few hundred kilometers away.

Ken Burns Country Music. Unfortunately I missed about half the first episode, but since it's PBS it'll be on over and over.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Still watching Country Music. Last night had the death of Johnny Cash. It was kind of upsetting seeing how he looked in his last years. And even more so when they said he was only 71. I'm 71.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I would imagine you haven't lived quite as hard as he did.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

Watching Evil, a non believer and believer investigating demons and such. One of the characters seems to a demon in human form that might be getting into the dreams of the non-believer. She used a trick to prove that she was asleep, it was putting a message on her ceiling and she could not read it while sleeping but I know have read things while asleep, I had even done math in my dreams.
    ETA: the character that could be a demon stole the notes of psychology session and gave it to a criminal they think is possessed.

Major League Baseball playoffs. A fun time of year even if the weather here has been more like Phoenix than Atlanta.

Finished latest seasons of Archer and Atlanta, both very good.

Currently enjoying The Dark Crystal.

New season of The Good Place has also arrived, but I think I may be over it.
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Why is a frog too?

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Last night had the death of Johnny Cash. It was kind of upsetting seeing how he looked in his last years. I'm 71.
    You took better care of yourself no doubt. He used himself a bit..freely. Rode hard--put away wet.

I'm into the third season of Mr. Mercedes, a series based on a Steven King trilogy. The writing is excellent and the acting even better. Even the minor characters are well presented. I am especially taken by Justine Lupe, who plays Holly Gibney, a fragile yet amazingly strong character.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Been plowing through Perry Mason reruns on Amazon Prime. They're missing a lot of them, but it's interesting to me how seriously the show takes issues that some people still don't.

"You can't erase icing."

Southpark has come to N.Z. Netflix, and am enjoying very much. They have season 1, a "best of" collection, then seasons 18 to 21.

Also on that service, Norsemen. Very good.
    Why is a frog too?

I'm glad you're enjoying South Park, but the kid's name is Cartman not Norsemen.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Ken Burns Country Music. Unfortunately I missed about half the first episode, but since it's PBS it'll be on over and over.
    Watched bit of an episode today.
    One of Great uncles is a country musician, went on a few Canadian TV shows in the 80's. Him and his wife live in Ontario with a few other of her siblings and their families and almost every summer for a few years they would come down her for a get together. One night another great uncles place when it was almost time to go home late in the evening my great aunt asks,"Do you like country music?". I said of course"No." I was tired and not thinking at the time.

DC Superhero Girls, which is pretty cute.

"You can't erase icing."

Here is one to get rid of a junker. I know the guy hosting the video since the seventh grade, I think I know where the undisclosed location is too.
    https://youtu.be/xboXuvK8oXA

Just finishing watching the movie Passengers.

My kids took me to Jojo Rabbit.

Very good.
    Why is a frog too?

On TV - episode 1 of "Scotland from the Skies" presented by James Crawford. Not just a lot of pretty views from above but also a lot of history as well. Focusing especially on social history showing the loss of major factories, industries and communities by comparing 19320/30's photos with those from 2018. I quite enjoyed it.

Midsommar. Florence Pugh is always watchable, but apart from that ... what a shambles.

Grant Hutchison

"Ferdinand the Bull," currently, as Irene and I will be spending the morning finding out what's available on Disney+.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Season 3 of The Expanse.

I still maintain that I am not a a violent or malicious man. And I know - there are plots unfolding, etc. But man, Naomi, meet airlock. Sorrynotsorry.

CJSF
    I just finished that season. I really can't see what upset you about Naomi. The Reverend Doctor Anna Volovodov, on the other hand ... gad, I'd have spaced her in a second, at any point in the narrative.

I felt the whole series lost its way, with gathering momentum, towards the end of Season 3. Some of the writing was so bad you could practically see the actors wincing as they delivered their lines. It's not tempting me to sign up for Amazon Prime next month.

Grant Hutchison

I just used it to watch more Time Team last night, personally.

"You can't erase icing."

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    I just finished that season. I really can't see what upset you about Naomi. The Reverend Doctor Anna Volovodov, on the other hand ... gad, I'd have spaced her in a second, at any point in the narrative.

I felt the whole series lost its way, with gathering momentum, towards the end of Season 3. Some of the writing was so bad you could practically see the actors wincing as they delivered their lines. It's not tempting me to sign up for Amazon Prime next month.

Grant Hutchison
    I have low tolerance for apparent double-crossing or lying to cover up an agenda. It's been too long since I watched the show that I honestly can't recall which specific scenes triggered that post. I'll figure out how to watch new episodes eventually. But I'm not stacking up subscriptions.

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    I have low tolerance for apparent double-crossing or lying to cover up an agenda. It's been too long since I watched the show that I honestly can't recall which specific scenes triggered that post. I'll figure out how to watch new episodes eventually. But I'm not stacking up subscriptions.
    One of the things Abraham and Franck do well in the novels, and so frequently it's almost a theme, is to subject their characters to moral dilemmas and conflicting loyalties, almost alway portrayed in such a sympathetic way that the reader flip-flops along with the character. Naomi had one of those arcs, but the TV series spends a lot more time on action and special effects than it does on character development. Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing, but it does create a sort of choppiness in the characters' apparent motivations which I found increasingly jarring in Season 3.

Grant Hutchison

Just woke up and there is an Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown marathon on.