Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 3,601 to 3,612 of 3612

Thread: What are you watching?

I've been watching that too. I enjoyed hearing George Takei twirl his mustache as a Fire Lord General.

I should watch it with the kids; I think they'll like it. And a lot of people do what they do for their country without examining it too hard.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

We just finished Season 1 of Russian Doll, staring Natasha Lyonne (I think mostly known for Orange is the New Black) and created by Leslye Headland, Natasha Lyonne and Amy Poehler. We enjoyed the series which is funny and poignant and more than a bit existentialist. It's on Netflix and while the story seemed to wrap up quite well Netflix says Season 2 is on its way. I can't see how but...OK.

We also just watched The Hustle with Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway. And why did someone feel the need to produce a really bad remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels? Very few funny bits and if you've seen DRS you know what's coming.

Now we're on to the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas, Alan Arkin and Nancy Travis, and liking it quite a lot. It probably helps that we're in the actor's age group.

My wife is also watching Virgin River which is too Hallmark-y for my tastes but she is enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    And a lot of people do what they do for their country without examining it too hard.
    Yes, of course that is true, but it doesn't make it any less anathema to me personally or problematic in general.

CJSF
    "Off went his rocket at the speed of light
    Flying so fast there was no day or night
    Messing around with the fabric of time
    He knows who's guilty 'fore there's even a crime

Davy, Davy Crockett
    The buckskin astronaut
    Davy, Davy Crockett
    There's more than we were taught"

-They Might Be Giants, "The Ballad Of Davy Crockett (In Outer Space)"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Yes, of course that is true, but it doesn't make it any less anathema to me personally or problematic in general.

CJSF
    If you stick with it, I think you'll come to change your mind about Iroh. Or at least find him to be less one-dimensional.

And for some reason, hearing the words "Brave Soldier Boy" makes my eyes water.

Quote Originally Posted by schlaugh View Post

We also just watched The Hustle with Rebel Wilson and Anne Hathaway. And why did someone feel the need to produce a really bad remake of [I]Dirty Rotten Scoundrels?[/I] Very few funny bits and if you've seen DRS you know what's coming.

Well, after all Dirty Rotten Scoundrels was itself a remake of Bedtime Story so there is a precedent. That being said, I don't know of anyone who actually thought The Hustle was worth making or watching. Every review I have read basically came to the same conclusion as you.

I watched Knives Out on Amazon Prime. If not familiar, itís a mystery and supposedly a comedy, but I didnít see much comedy. I did, though, have one laugh out loud moment near the end, but mostly it was a reaction to surprise. Nicely done though. Lots of familiar actors. It was entertaining, I recommend it.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I watched Avatar-last Airbender when it came out, and some episodes Iíd missed a bit after. Just checking it, I didnít realize it started back in 2007. For some reason I thought it was more recent. Of course, it is focused in the kid/teenager demographic but it does get into some fairly serious topics, though with violence toned down a fair bit versus more adult oriented material. And the fight scenes are often choreographed quite nicely.

Iím not sure if I want to watch it again, but if you donít mind anime-style animation it is quite good.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    ^^^ I haven't read the Mason books, but the show starts off with full frontal nudity and Oral everything, including pie. Mason is a freelance private eye down on his luck.
    Is he gay, like Raymond Burr?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

We watched Hamilton, streaming on Disney+. I can see why that play was so successful. Intriguing story. Fantastic cast. Wonderful performances. Beautiful staging.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    Is he gay, like Raymond Burr?
    No, later on in the show there are scenes where he is definitely hetero. I was referring to a scene during the first 10 minutes of the show where he's been hired to spy on a young starlette and her secret lover. He take pics of them during a wildly sexual eye popper, with pie, whipped cream, and the Full Monty dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedude View Post
    No, later on in the show there are scenes where he is definitely hetero. I was referring to a scene during the first 10 minutes of the show where he's been hired to spy on a young starlette and her secret lover. He take pics of them during a wildly sexual eye popper, with pie, whipped cream, and the Full Monty dessert.
    I swear, I just finished reading Jimís post on Hamilton and then saw the question about whether Burr was gay and my brain slipped a cog and thought the reference was to Aaron Burr.

I think Iíve got COVID cabin fever.