Thread: Ideas for Science Hour Speakers

Ideas for Science Hour Speakers

Hi Everyone!

Pamela and I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread for all of you to chime in on topics and speakers you'd like to be featured on our "Weekly Science Hour" on Google+.

I can't wait to see what sort of topics and discussions we can start having stemming from our fantastic community here on CosmoQuest!

~Scott (KnowTheCosmos)

The Sun would be a good topic. It has so many interesting features and without it we wouldn't be here. You could even invite Camilla Corona

Quote Originally Posted by pstew View Post
    The Sun would be a good topic. It has so many interesting features and without it we wouldn't be here. You could even invite Camilla Corona
    The sun is a fantastic topic! Camilla and her crew are some wonderful people whom we've had the pleasure of working with before! Thanks for the input, pstew!

Extrasolar planets! What we know about them, how we know what we know, such as detection methods. Maybe a topic covering extrasolar missions such as Kepler and Corot(?). Maybe another one around 'earth-like' planets in a star's habitable zone.

Quote Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
    Extrasolar planets! What we know about them, how we know what we know, such as detection methods. Maybe a topic covering extrasolar missions such as Kepler and Corot(?). Maybe another one around 'earth-like' planets in a star's habitable zone.
    I don't want to put you down, but

what we can say about them with scientific 100% accuracy is so little interesting (in practice: only that some planets exist and have a revolution period around their sun of xyz earth days...)

that I find much more real - and fun and interesting too!

reading old gossip magazines picking them from the trash !!

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/scal...91_636x382.jpg
    Last edited by slang; 2019-Nov-06 at 09:49 PM. Reason: way too large image reduced to link

Quote Originally Posted by Barabino View Post
    I don't want to put you down, but
    Barabino

Anytime one is writing some sort of variant of "I probably shouldn't do this", they are almost certainly correct.

You are trolling a 7 year old post with an image that is off-topic and essentially spam. You seem to be getting yourself in a lot of trouble lately; if you do not start following our rules more closely, you will find yourself banned from CQ.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

ok, i understand my mistake... i believed to be fun, but I was just SPAM... TZK TZK TZK

the EASY solution for me is not to be less provocative, but just avoiding images completely, except nokookies tiny ones from wikipedia - for real reference purpose...
    Last edited by Barabino; 2019-Nov-13 at 06:58 PM.

As much as I like to the topic of the Sun, what about Pluto? For a good chunk of my life, it has always been a point of light or a grainy spot.
    Solfe

Severe storms..tornadoes might be a good one for spring. Tom Grazulis has a nice speaking voice, as does Chuck Doswell