Thread: Vesta and then Ceres

Vesta and then Ceres

I was just thinking, that about the time we (that's the group we) start to finish going through all our Vesta images, we'll have Ceres! If Ceres really is more or less ices, think of the great new features we'll be able to add to our skills. Keep counting those craters! Dave H

Quote Originally Posted by drhaugh View Post
    I was just thinking, that about the time we (that's the group we) start to finish going through all our Vesta images, we'll have Ceres! If Ceres really is more or less ices, think of the great new features we'll be able to add to our skills. Keep counting those craters! Dave H
    Great point! I think what you are right, that will be awesome

Come on Guys and Gals... someone besides me has to be pleased that Dawn made it to Ceres! Let's hope we find something great so the funding might start up again. Best to all, Dave H

Quote Originally Posted by drhaugh View Post
    Come on Guys and Gals... someone besides me has to be pleased that Dawn made it to Ceres! Let's hope we find something great so the funding might start up again. Best to all, Dave H
    Some people have expressed enthusiasm in the long-running thread devoted to the Dawn mission:

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...43#post2277743
    Last edited by geonuc; 2015-Mar-07 at 10:33 AM.

Thanks for the link. Dave H

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.gif 
Views:	109 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	20444Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.gif 
Views:	118 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	20445Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	126.0 KB 
ID:	20446Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.gif 
Views:	117 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	20447Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.gif 
Views:	109 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	20448

4/18/2015

Hi, I hope you're having a great day! I'm new to this forum, so I may be entering this data a little late. However, from what I understand NASA will be formulating the position of The Dawn Spacecraft to be able to star attaining some close up image of the "two mysterious bright spots". Please find attached what may be (alleged) (possible) extreme closeup images of the "two mysterious bright spots on Ceres". I was able to attain these by using an imaging technology I invented entitled by the abbreviation and acronym known as: "IMMI"-(Infinite Microscopic-Macroscopic Imaging) technology. Which "in a sense" has the capability of zooming down into a photograph, and taking the otherwise smal and/ or microscopic details and expanding them without loosing loss of image data, loss, of resolution etc.and presenting/ demonstrating one or more enhanced images of what is there. I've attached about (5) images of these two bright spots. The image in the back ground is an IMMI enhanced black and white image of Ceres and the projections possibly depict the two bright spots. May I add that this was accomplished about / almost one week before NASA plans to do this on or about 4/23/2015. When ther dawn Spacecraft will begin to be in position to 'start' the same goals.

For more information on this you may refer to the following:

(BEFORE)-NASA; Ceres's Two Bight Spots Extreme Image Closeups Attained By Texas Scientist

You may find our Home page at- http://www.journals-of-science.com/-ijaar.html

You Tube Video at- http://youtu.be/kFHeTwtzRbo

Thanks!

Sigh. Not this again. It is fundamentally impossible to extract much of any meaningful data below the scale of the collected pixel of any digital image. Any information contained in an area smaller than the sensor's IFOV (Instantaneous Field of View) is integrated into a single pixel. You CANNOT extract anything out of it. NADA. If you've "invented" anything at all, it's enhancing compression artifacts or resampling effects.

CJSF
    "I found my mind on the ground below. I was looking down, it was looking back.
    I was in the sky, all dressed in black.
    See the constellation ride across the sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm.
    Just a guy made of dots and lines."
    -They Might Be Giants, "See The Constellation"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Sigh. Not this again. It is fundamentally impossible to extract much of any meaningful data below the scale of the collected pixel of any digital image. Any information contained in an area smaller than the sensor's IFOV (Instantaneous Field of View) is integrated into a single pixel. You CANNOT extract anything out of it. NADA. If you've "invented" anything at all, it's enhancing compression artifacts or resampling effects.
    Ah, but he started with a GIF. Those are lossless, right?

Ron...did you not notice the prominent dithering in your source image? Or the lack of real details in the "enhanced" images? Or the complete absurdity of what you're claiming to do?

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post

CJSF
    I believe that the start-of-the-art at this time and will be long time when working with image of new and strange lands. But I can someday that a skillful A.I. with a large database of What Things Look Like will process a scene of a old B&W show like "I Love Lucy" and render in Ultra High Definition and full color and 3D and 5.1 sound. In fact, it reanimate it into UHD photo-realism.