Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Loss of Private Messages

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Twice? There is a pop up notice, in a yellowish box, that you will get the first time after it was created (ToSeek recreated it this morning). Once you close that, you should not see it again. Then there is a blue box that appears at the top of each sub-forum. Are those the two?
    Aaah! I hadn't noticed the "X" for closing it! So I've been seeing the original notice on every page plus, today, an identical one with "Final Reminder" added to the header. I shall now go and click both of the X's. I did download the messages. I suspect I may never look at them again, however.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I've got years' worth saved on my hard drive. I don't go back and read them, but since I have some from Mak and Mike, I'm glad to know they're there.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Just saved off 3.7 megabytes worth of private messages.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Just in time

Current estimate is that the forum will go off-line some time this evening (probably late evening) US time; so early Saturday morning in Europe.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I tried to access about two hours ago (it's 10:30 am my time (NZDST) as I post this), and it was down. Now it's up. Done?
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Bentleys Gonna Sort You Out!

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    I tried to access about two hours ago (it's 10:30 am my time (NZDST) as I post this), and it was down. Now it's up. Done?
    I don't think so. As far as I know, they haven't started yet.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I don't think so. As far as I know, they haven't started yet.
    In that case - let me report a database error that was causing the forum to fail, at around 8:30 am NZDST ! (insert smiley)
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.
    Bentleys Gonna Sort You Out!

We noticed the error as well earlier today when we were doing the Weekly Space Hangout on Google+. Quickly thereafter it went back up without any intervention from our team. It's quite possible the server just had a hiccup. We'll be starting the forum work within the next 10-15 minutes.

I just logged on for the first time in a long while...tried to save my PM's but it said there are "no PM's"...am I too late?

Quote Originally Posted by Plat View Post
    I just logged on for the first time in a long while...tried to save my PM's but it said there are "no PM's"...am I too late?
    Yes, the rebuild was one month ago. Sorry you missed it.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

I'm sorry we didn't ALL miss it.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I'm sorry we didn't ALL miss it.
    Ya gotta keep up or the technology will move right out from underneath you. IIRC, archeology studies of recent times indicate that in the late 1800's pre-automobile days a busy road had a blacksmith shop about every 1.5 miles. All gone . . .

And think what mortars and howitzers replaced just a few centuries before that!

Keep on chunkin'.

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    According to my page I have zero sent messages but yesterday I sent a private message in response to same . Should I be worried? Do pm get sent?
    sicut vis videre esto
    When we realize that patterns don't exist in the universe, they are a template that we hold to the universe to make sense of it, it all makes a lot more sense.
    Originally Posted by Ken G

Quote Originally Posted by profloater View Post
    According to my page I have zero sent messages but yesterday I sent a private message in response to same . Should I be worried? Do pm get sent?
    When you reply to, or create a new private message, is "[ ] Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." checked or unchecked? You can send to me if you wish to test.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice