Thread: Antique Telescope help

Antique Telescope help

Hello I used to be really into astronomy but being from Scotland the weather not the best for it I fell away from it but now i have a 3 year old and as soon as he showed the slightest interest it gave me the excuse to go and but a nice new scope for us to play with.

So when I was walking around a car-boot sale and i saw this telescope i just liked it and thought would be a nice little addition to our man cave but in trying to find any information on my new find i hit a brick wall so i was hoping some vets/ experts would give me a bit of a hand .

I would love any information at all or even point me in the direction of where to find the info just so when people are in i can sound like i know what i'm talking about plus if its worth any money i wouldnt want my boy doing the same thing the last owners did and sell it as car-boot just to get rid of it when his old man croaks lol .

The lenses at either end of the telescope appear to be in very good undamaged condition, illustrated in pictures 2 and 5 for more detail.

Around the rim of the telescope, shown in picture 3 the words and letters "No. 23 B 10in EF," are very clearly engraved.

The viewfinder also has a clear imprint which, reads "Broadhurst Clarkson & Co"

There is wear to the large brass cylinder displayed in both pictures 1 and 4. The middle cylinder is worn of brass also, whereas the end section with the viewfinder is in shiny condition, albeit marks and scratches present.

I am not sure how to add photos so i have added a link below which will take you to all the photos just on a flickr account. again thanks for all and any information you can give me and my boy will be over the moon to get a bit more info on its history.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95306048@N08/

Have you tried contacting Telescope House? It looks very cool.
    Solfe

Google is your friend. Go through the images and find the one closest to yours, then see if the page the image is from is helpful.

I assume "10in" refers to the focal length. Is the image erect, or inverted? I'd expect the former as its clearly for terrestrial use.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.