Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Dreamland

I had the strangest dream. It was one part adventure movie and one part nightmare. Me and my dog crashed landed on a planet where we found a strange gun and glove. The glove was made of soft padding which had large bullet-like shells on the outside. There were also two containers near the wrist. After messing with it, I put food and water in the containers. They weren't that big. That seemed to do something because the whole glove hummed and vibrated.

Later on, the dog and I were being chased by some sort of monster. I couldn't see it so the gun was useless. When the monster cornered us, the little bullet like chambers popped open and a swarm of bees attacked and drove off the monster. The bees returned back to the glove when they were done. Somehow, I knew they were eating and drinking the food and water I had placed in the containers. I refilled it.

After a while I found some children trapped in an abandon school and was trying to cheer them up until help arrived. It seemed like a long time passed. I was teaching them. It seemed rather pointless considering the condition we were in, trapped on some unknown planet. At one point I got mad at how useless the whole thing seemed and the bees sprang out and attacked me. I realized they were learning from me and had human-like intelligence. As me and the dog led them on a crazy chase around the school while rescuing children from monsters and vaguely threatening bees, I destroyed the glove with the gun.

As the bees descended on me and the dog we were rescued by many people I used to work with. For the most part, they were all teachers.
    Solfe

Sounds better than mine! I was trying to buy a new memory card for a camera. I knew it was full because the winding lever got tight when I tried to move it.....
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    I had the strangest dream. It was one part adventure movie and one part nightmare. Me and my dog crashed landed on a planet where we found a strange gun and glove. The glove was made of soft padding which had large bullet-like shells on the outside. There were also two containers near the wrist. After messing with it, I put food and water in the containers. They weren't that big. That seemed to do something because the whole glove hummed and vibrated.

Later on, the dog and I were being chased by some sort of monster. I couldn't see it so the gun was useless. When the monster cornered us, the little bullet like chambers popped open and a swarm of bees attacked and drove off the monster. The bees returned back to the glove when they were done. Somehow, I knew they were eating and drinking the food and water I had placed in the containers. I refilled it.

After a while I found some children trapped in an abandon school and was trying to cheer them up until help arrived. It seemed like a long time passed. I was teaching them. It seemed rather pointless considering the condition we were in, trapped on some unknown planet. At one point I got mad at how useless the whole thing seemed and the bees sprang out and attacked me. I realized they were learning from me and had human-like intelligence. As me and the dog led them on a crazy chase around the school while rescuing children from monsters and vaguely threatening bees, I destroyed the glove with the gun.

As the bees descended on me and the dog we were rescued by many people I used to work with. For the most part, they were all teachers.
    Hmm! Sounds like the basis for an interesting video game. "Bee Glove From Another Planet"?
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I call it mescaline

I remember having some awesomely weird SF or fantasy ones last night. But that's all I remember about them!

I dreamed up a whole new sport! Sort of a relay race. It starts with a runner who runs until he reaches a big truck. The truck then goes until it reaches a bus, which goes until it reaches a car, which goes until it reaches a runner. I think there were several runners for the last legs. You could throw in bicycles and motorcycles, of course, but I don't recall any from the dream.

This morning I had a dream where I was driving down the highway towards the Nova Scotia border. As I was getting closer some jets appeared with different markings but the could hover to hide from the other jets. As I was getting to border there was a toll booth kind of set up, probably for the pandemic. One of jets rushed passed me and took one of the spots. I pulled the car over and left most of my stuff there and tried to walk rest of the way.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Dang, I was in school again last night. But at least it was a lucid dream so I could tell myself "Hey, this is just another dang dream so it doesn't MATTER if I know where the exam is."
    I also had a former boss driving me on an extremely convoluted route to a location I know quite well. Assorted people, way too many of them, were in the back seat at various times. Including small children. At one point I noticed the windscreen was hinged on the left side with a latch on the right. But that was ok, because my boss is Welsh. Except he was driving on the left.
    I seriously wish I could be half as creative when awake as when I'm unconscious.
    I also wish that when I wake from one of these dreams, the cat wouldn't detect my slightest movement and come meowing for attention.