Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamland

Quote Originally Posted by BigDon View Post
    Clev, my good friend Ol' Weird Bob insists these are visitations from the afterlife.

Notice we don't call him Ol' Normal Bob.
    I think this is how the whole concept of an afterlife started: "I still see Uncle Mmurggug every night, he can't be gone!"
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    You are dreaming about your relatives because they still exist in your memory. I still have dreams of meeting and talking with long-dead family, friends and even pets. I also dream that I'm still close to people whom I haven't seen in years or, in some cases, who ended our friendship or relationship in anger.
    Right. I also dream fairly often of a long-dead car. It seems to be the only one that shows up in my dreams.

Last night I had one of my patented "back at work after retirement" dreams. Ugh. I hate those. It had all the classic elements, including not knowing how to use the computer, not being sure I'd ever been paid since I came back, co-workers who'd left the place long before I did, bizarre workplace nothing like any real place I ever worked, and, one of my favorites, a whole company sponsored department store in the middle of the engineering department.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

I sometimes dream about an old subaru that I bought in 73, fixed up and painted bright yellow. I left it in an apartment complex in 84 when I bought a new subaru. My dreams involve trying to find it again.

Scanning the other posts, I haven't seen this one yet.

I have recurring dreams of a labyrinth of a public restroom. The setting varies from any number of locations at the start. It could be a health club, work, school, a random building, whatever. But the main gyst of the dream is that I need a restroom and I need it now. I find the location easy enough. However, when I enter there are a number of strange toilet and/or urinal arrangements. Multiple rooms. Lockers upon lockers with no toilets. Stalls missing doors and filthy. Occupied stalls. Arrangements that should be in private stalls that are out in the open. Available normal stalls that when I enter are filthy to the point of being unusable. Bath tubs. Showers. You name it. The one thing in common is that in my dream world, there are hundreds of options, but none usable for whatever reason. As the saying goes, "Water, water everywhere, but not a drop to drink".

After what seems to be a lengthy frustrating dream, I finally wake up realizing I need to get to the restroom. It is a fear of mine that I won't wake up and I'll find the perfect, clean, private facility in my dream. Hasn't happened yet - but it might.

I also have parking lot dreams with arrangements to get between floors that are not remotely safe or effecient, but everyone else in my dream seems to have no trouble finding their cars and almost running me over on the way out.

Had one the other night where the exit was over a railing and down a near vertical wall that had "steps" that stuck out no farther than a childs foot is wide. Maybe 3 inches to step on with various recesses that kept the wall near vertical. My wife seemed to have no trouble walking down these "stairs" to the main floor some 30 or 40 feet below. Looked like a rock wall to me, but I didn't want to use my hands since my wife didn't have to, so I was afraid to start.

6. 2014-Jan-09, 02:34 PM

I sometimes have dreams where I see "myself" from the outside, 3rd person shooter style.

I don't know about that, but after watching PBS The Poisoner's Handbook, I dreamed that I was one. Glad I woke up.

Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    I don't know about that, but after watching PBS The Poisoner's Handbook, I dreamed that I was one. Glad I woke up.
    You dreamt you were a handbook? What a nightmare!

I remember one particularly weird and disturbing one: I was in a room and through the door came some unusually well-dressed children, except somehow I knew they weren't children at all but some kind of things or machines made to look like them. At first I had to fight them off with a club or bat, and someone else was in the room fighting alongside me. Suddenly I found myself holding a rifle or machine gun, and was able to dispatch the creatures much more easily. At that point the things, now looking like well-dressed adults, began crowding through the door faster than I could shoot them. My fighting companion had vanished. I switched to a flamethrower, which was much more effective; then one of the things stuck out its tongue at me, which grew into a huge mass of something adhesive like gum and shot towards me

And then I woke up in a cold sweat.

A weird but fun one; A cartoon, where Popeye tries to get out of the Navy.

Sometimes I wish I had a dream recorder, and sometimes I wish I had a dream eraser. This was one of the former.

Had a couple of dreams.
    One where my Aunt was visiting my Mom, who was somehow still alive. I found buried cash near railroad tracks...
    Later, I Had a dream where all my books and property were to be burned in exchange for me staying at a nice Ivy League school.
    Lastly, I had a dream where My old Ford Fairmont was rolling backwards with me in it. I haven't had that car in 15 years or so.

My favorite recurring theme in my dreams is the discovery of a doorway or passageway to a section of the house I never knew existed. It usually contains features in a house that I would never be able to afford but always wanted. The strangest part about those dreams is it is one of the few times my brain actually maps out the familiar part of my house with somewhat accuracy.

Friday, I got home and took some OTC sinus medication. It didn't do anything for my sinuses but I fell asleep in the afternoon, slept like a rock, and had a really vivid dream. I fell asleep watching Homicide Hunter on the television and I think that seasoned my dream. There was a male and a female and I don't know who they were or who they were supposed to be but I was terrified of them. They had me cornered and I ended up being in a life or death struggle with the both of them. All of a sudden, the male was gone and I was able to get the upper hand on the female. In my dream, I was positive that if I let her walk away, she would kill me so I tried to strangle her. Right at the point where I thought she was going to die I couldn't do it. I released my grip and asked if she would promise not to hurt me if I let her live. When I let go, she walked away as promised and I cried because I almost killed someone. I woke up with that sense of relief that it was just a dream but a little disturbed that the dream went there.

Quote Originally Posted by closetgeek View Post
    My favorite recurring theme in my dreams is the discovery of a doorway or passageway to a section of the house I never knew existed. It usually contains features in a house that I would never be able to afford but always wanted. The strangest part about those dreams is it is one of the few times my brain actually maps out the familiar part of my house with somewhat accuracy.
    I've had those. Sometimes the extra part is finished, sometimes it's not. I always wind up thinking "How did I forget about this. We should be using this space."

The worst are bookstore and hobby shop dreams, where there are wonderful products which vanish when I awake.

David Tennant paid us a visit last night. Billie Piper was apparently already there and let him in, along with a couple of women I didn't recognize, one of them very drunk. I found myself having dificulty talking to him without mimicking his accent. I was really looking forward to going to "Small Media At Large" and posting "David Tennant is sleeping on my couch" so it was pretty disappointing when I suddenly realized "Heck, this is just a dream" while I was still dreaming!

We've clearly been watching way to much Doctor Who, and especially the special features on the discs, lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    We've clearly been watching way to much Doctor Who, and especially the special features on the discs, lately.
    Amazing how that works.
    The other day, I recieved a shipment of a few of my mail order medicines. I also made some soup that day which involves one of the ways I prepare parsley... I keep a bunch in the freezer wrapped up tighly, then I just shave the end of as needed.

I must have been running across too many pot legalization stories in the news, because that night I dreamt that my meds came with a wrapped up wad of weed and I didn't know what I should do with it, and thinking that I don't know how to use rolling paper.

Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    The worst are bookstore and hobby shop dreams, where there are wonderful products which vanish when I awake.
    My worst was finding a Mornington Crescent board game in a game store. Inside the box were some cards, dice, pawns, play money, a folded game board, and a rule booklet. I woke up just as I opened the rules.

This morning I had a dream that I was hosting a skeptics comference.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    That's better than mine of being a WWII soldier fighting the Japanese and being unable to find any ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    Oh, I doubt that.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Pix or it didn't happen.

That's better than mine of being a WWII soldier fighting the Japanese and being unable to find any ammunition.
    Just call on the sword weilding Vikings and Orcs in your army, as I did when I had that dream.

I had a dream that I was a life guard, in the ocean trying to watch swimmers from a tube. It didn't work out so well. At least I don't seem to get sea sick in my dreams.
    Solfe

I dreamed that my daughter was speaking to me and enthusiastic about her younger half-siblings.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

I often dream that my mother's estranged sister has decided to be part of the family again.

How is it that you can be retired from the building trades for 7 years and still spend a night dreaming that you are working on some project? You wake up more tired than when you went to sleep

Quote Originally Posted by danscope View Post
    How is it that you can be retired from the building trades for 7 years and still spend a night dreaming that you are working on some project? You wake up more tired than when you went to sleep
    I still have the one where I'm in high school and can't find my way around, and I'm 68. Work ones have become more common however.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm often a kid or a teen in dreams, and they are frequently set in a childhood home. I haven't worn glasses in years, yet I still dream about having lost or broken my glasses.

I still have the one where I'm in high school and can't find my way around, and I'm 68. Work ones have become more common however.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Hi Treb, I have been out of high school since 1966 ( !!!! ) where they had this scheme of revolving periods
    as in..... Monday: straight time, Tuesday: start period 2 , Wed : Start period 3 . When you dream of it, you don't know what day it is, where your class is etc etc. Eventually... you realize that you need to hit the bathroom Of course...there are others..... hmmmmm..
    Dan

Another "work" dream. It's raining, and my pen won't write on wet paper.