Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Report problems for the Build Team

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    Things seem to have resolved - it might be nice to know if the build team worked up a fix, or if it sorted itself out.

CJSF
    I don't know, but I think it either sorted itself out, or it was a problem at the server-farm level and the support people for that did a fix.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Hmm, the "Last Post" on the main page says Swift, but the last post shown here has no sign of Swift.

ADDED: Ah, and now his post is visible.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Hi I am still having problems with avatars not displaying.
    You're really not going to like it, the meaning of life the universe and everything is.... is.... 42!
    What??????
    is that all you have to show for 7.5 million years of work?????
    it was a tricky assignment.

"Live Long and Prosper" in memory of Leonard Nimoy
    "I think I'll change my name to Cliff. "Cliff, I can't see anyone lasting in this industry with a name like Cliff" in memory of Terry Pratchett

OK, that's new. No thread contents are showing up. Each thread I check just shows an empty Reply box.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not the text of posts. I ask for a printable view of the thread, I see nothing after min-July.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Yay, threads are back!

Sorry! I'm working on a lot of this now. Unfortunately all kinds of stuff got out of whack, including the emails to notify me when people post in this thread. I'll update more tomorrow when more things are fixed, but for now, the forum may be a bit slower for a few hours. It's going through data and images and everything and checking what needs to be fixed, which, due to the size of the forum, will take a while.

And I can see my avatar again too! Thank you Cory.

I don't know if this will post and how anyone will see it, but instead of getting posts in threads, I am only seeing something like this above a Quick Reply field when I try to read anything:

• 1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo1: User Name, 2: Service Name (Facebo
    It's broked.

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

LookingSkyward is offline Honored Member
    Forum Welcomer Emeritus
    Truly weird, as the text appears in the activity stream preview

Seems to have recoverd.. WTH.

CJSF
    "Flipping this one final switch I'm effectively ensuring that I will be
    Overcoming all resistance long after my remains have been
    Vaporized with extreme prejudice and shot into outer space.

I'll be haunting you."

-They Might Be Giants, "I'll Be Haunting You"

lonelybirder.org

I have no idea. :/ I wasn't doing anything at the time. VBulletin is going slightly bonkers. I'll try some more things.

I have stopped receiving notification emails from the forum over the last month.
    See: 'The God Kit' -- 'The Brigadier And The Pit' -- Carl N Graham -- Sci-fi blog: The Alien Reporter

the forum has stopped sending emails because it costs money.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by astrotimer View Post
    the forum has stopped sending emails because it costs money.
    Shame, it was a useful feature.
    Thanks
    See: 'The God Kit' -- 'The Brigadier And The Pit' -- Carl N Graham -- Sci-fi blog: The Alien Reporter

I think he's joking, PetTastic. At least, I haven't seen any such announcement in our areas. But there have been some nasty problems with the email server at amazon that the buildteam will have to deal with. I have just received a bunch today, perhaps they got it.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

Sorry I made a mistake, I thought because of link listed below it was done on purpose because there was a limit.
    http://cosmoquest.org/forum/showthre...-notifications
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Well, there might very well be a limit, but up to now when email trouble happened it was always caused by something technical or unforeseen results from some change or other. AFAIK, of course.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

The "Google Custom Search" box up top used to perform admirably in locating old posts based upon a few words. However, lately it fails to find things that are definitely there. Now and again, it dumps a bunch of results in Italian!

Was this the result of some name or parameter change? Can it be fixed?

I've sent Cory a message about this issue, I don't think it's intentional. And yes, I think this can be fixed, but it may take some time to reflect back on Google.

I figured that the application just set up a Google search with the site name and the text that you just provided, and submitted it. Hard to see where that can go wrong.

The searchbox may be where the trouble shows up, but it probably isn't where the real cause is. The buildteam will have to check and decide on a solution.

I'm currently unable to upload a picture. It's only 214kb, so I don't think size is a problem. I've tried:
    A different picture. No good.
    Restart the browser. No good.
    A different browser. Not good.
    From my wife's Windows account. No good.
    Restarted the computer. No good.
    May as well try it from here.... Nope, no good.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Some to all of these issues should be fixed. Emails are working to some extent, possibly fully. Google searches could take several days to weeks before they're completely correct.

Some settings were incorrectly adjusted by people. I don't know why they were, but they've been corrected.

So people are aware, Pamela and I are currently extremely busy. It probably feels like we don't care about the forum and all that, but we really just have no time. Like, yesterday I talked to Pamela for the first time in 3 weeks. So... expect bug fixes to be slow for a few more months while we make this new thing, and then we'll have more time to fix forum things that go wrong. I'm hoping we might even move the forum onto its own server. Then we could give an admin or two access to the server to help fix things. It's an option I'm thinking about, but it'll likely be a January thing if we do it.

Thanks for the update and the fixes.

I still can't upload a picture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Doug_Squirrel.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	709.3 KB 
ID:	21107
    Whoops, that one went. Beats me.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

On the various thread pages I see a lot of text in the right top corner, probably from the links that can be clicked there
    Screenshot attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cq.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	700.5 KB 
ID:	21128  
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

Quote Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
    On the various thread pages I see a lot of text in the right top corner, probably from the links that can be clicked there
    Screenshot attached
    Screenshot pic not showing up. (using IE)

Showing up for me on Firefox.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Shows up for me in both Firefox and Tapatalk (for iPhone)
    I may have many faults, but being wrong ain't one of them. - Jimmy Hoffa