Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CosmoQuest Give Away

Having worked two stints on James Webb, I'd be happy to take a JWST t-shirt off your hands. (And if you run low on takers I'll take three - I have an uncle and a cousin both named James Webb Parker.)
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by ToSeek View Post
    Having worked two stints on James Webb, I'd be happy to take a JWST t-shirt off your hands. (And if you run low on takers I'll take three - I have an uncle and a cousin both named James Webb Parker.)
    Now thats what I call making a personal plea. If it's true... You win.

But; if ToSeek doesn't, or there's any chance for a leftover or if I even have a chance. I'll take one.

I'd be interested in the Meatball pin. And the Compass of Unknown Origin... with a name like that, how can you go wrong.

In addition to treasure, how much experience did I get?
    Solfe

Quote Originally Posted by Solfe View Post
    In addition to treasure, how much experience did I get?
    Solfe, please throw a saving roll.

At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    I'd eat the roll right away, so don't throw it to me! Also bread, croissants, etc.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

I'll take the ALMA Book (from March 2013 inauguration) (Please...Please!!)

Jim

I'll take the ALMA Book (from March 2013 inauguration) (Please...Please!!)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post

I got a 12. Is that good?
    Solfe

I've got too much stuff of all sorts around the house now, but as a member of the order of kilopi and financial contributor, I'd wouldn't mind having a CQ T-shirt if there is such a thing.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    How much for the postdoc?

And for that matter, no goodies for kilopians?
    The postdoc is rather expensive. She needs to pay rent, after all.

As I understand it, kilopians = senior members, in that it's same # of posts? Which made me LOL when I FINALLY figured it out...

Quote Originally Posted by NoisyAstronomer View Post
    As I understand it, kilopians = senior members, in that it's same # of posts? Which made me LOL when I FINALLY figured it out...
    IIRC kilopi has one or two extras, like more room in PM box.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

I don't think we actually have senior members.

Normally it goes:
    Newbie: Below secret number of posts (lots)
    Member: Above secret number of posts (4936 of this level or higher)
    Established Member: 100 posts or more (1593 of this level or higher)
    Order of Kilopi: 3142 posts or more (138 [except for the weirdness of Grapes' multiple accounts most of which lost post counts in the moves])
    Honored Member: Posthumous only (2)

In the Order of Kilopi there are several custom titles because we have generally been around for a long time.
    Oops, I see R.A.F is actually a Senior Member, I suppose that's a custom title.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

I haven't really been paying attention to this, but isn't Senior Member between 1000 and 3142 posts? There's also a Post-Doc (which may well be a custom title for Gillian, rather than an actual group.)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I haven't really been paying attention to this, but isn't Senior Member between 1000 and 3142 posts? There's also a Post-Doc (which may well be a custom title for Gillian, rather than an actual group.)
    IIRC (fat chance) "Post-doc" used to be a standard group (I don't remember how many posts), but disappeared (I think) a couple of reorganizations ago. It is now a custom title.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    I see R.A.F is actually a Senior Member, I suppose that's a custom title.
    Yep, and as far as I know, I'm the only one. Surprised no one has noticed it until now. (or maybe they did, but found no need to mention it).
    Last edited by R.A.F.; 2014-Jan-22 at 02:36 PM. Reason: deleted last sentence as it was a duplicate of Swift's post...

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Nope, it shifts between worzel, Established Member at 3134 posts and JAICOA, Order of Kilopi at 3142 posts.

Gillian's Bad Post-Doc is a custom title now, it used to be one of the levels back when it was the Bad Astronomy forum.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

When the Order of Kilopi was being established, I complained about how much I'd been looking forward to reaching Bad Post-Doc on the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board and how it wasn't, clearly, going to happen. Because the titles there were based on educational level. So I was given one, presumably to stop me from whining.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    So I was given one, presumably to stop me from whining.
    This is very strange, but I do not remember (and it hasn't been that long ago) exactly "how" I talked ToSeek into giving me the senior member label...

I do remember I wanted Senior Curmudgeon as a title, but about that time, all title changes were stopped. (as far as I remember)

...and now that the "secret" is out, everyone is going to want a custom title...

When the Order of Kilopi was being established, I complained about how much I'd been looking forward to reaching Bad Post-Doc on the Bad Astronomy Bulletin Board and how it wasn't, clearly, going to happen. Because the titles there were based on educational level. So I was given one, presumably to stop me from whining.
    That's pretty much it.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

I remember that, but I didn't know if ToSeek had implemented it as a custom title or a separate group. I did know it'd be a while before anybody else would reach a high enough post count to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    Yep, and as far as I know, I'm the only one. Surprised no one has noticed it until now. (or maybe they did, but found no need to mention it).
    Hidden in plain sight, I'm guessing.

I'm a pin collector. I'll take one of each but especially the St. Louis Astronomy club one.

Much thanks.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Well, I'm Established and have more of 1000 pics (2151 in Vesta and today it's to be working fine! I hope what this continue I really want to retake the work here) plus the archived Ice Investigators and 1213 in Moon Mappers.

So, if it's possible I want:

XL JWST T-Shirt

And from Pick 3:
    New Horizons sticker
    Galileo Stamp sticker
    Nasa 50 years pin

EDIT/UPDATE: Made two sessions today, in the first one marked around 10-12 pics without problem with the gallery counter, now I returned and in the second one only the half of the pics gets added to the gallery. Luckly at least the auto logoff problem it's seems to have dissapeared.
    Last edited by Shigeru; 2014-Jan-27 at 12:30 AM.

Oh I want the tote

"That shining twilight flame? Neither saucer nor plane. Afloat in western skies, behold Venus with your eyes." Neil Degrasse Tyson

Where can I buy stuff at?

"That shining twilight flame? Neither saucer nor plane. Afloat in western skies, behold Venus with your eyes." Neil Degrasse Tyson

If there any left, I'll have a funky 3D planet ruler. Thanks

If it's possible, I'd like something from this list:

Space Data Book
    Pick 1: UNAWE tote
    Pick 2: Space Shuttle keychain, NASA "meatball" patch
    Pick 3: SOFIA patch, STS-129 patch, Nat'l Lunar Science Institute pin

Kilopians get the first 100002 digits of pi, via email.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

I'd love something

I'll take anything I can stick on a wall in my middle school classroom.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.