Page 180 of 180 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180
Results 5,371 to 5,374 of 5374

Thread: Trivial (or not so trivial) stuff that makes you happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    The drop box closest to us is at a fire station that's undergoing remodeling, but their box is out on the sidewalk, and I got my traditional pictures of the kids putting the ballots in the box.

Meanwhile, it may be cold and rainy outside, but I have one cat on my lap and the other curled up next to me.
    I was watching Formula 1 racing practice sessions with the cat today. She was with me in the recliner, under the blanket and between my legs. Every time I got up she'd take over the chair. When returning I'd just pick her up, sit down, put the blanket on and she'd just stay. No way I could do that with the other cat!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Our boy Jackson can be like that and be stubborn about it, too. When I get up, he often slides right into the warm spot. When I get back, he sometimes moves when I ask him to but there are times I can just about sit on him and he won’t budge.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    I was watching Formula 1 racing practice sessions with the cat today. She was with me in the recliner, under the blanket and between my legs. Every time I got up she'd take over the chair. When returning I'd just pick her up, sit down, put the blanket on and she'd just stay. No way I could do that with the other cat!
    If I move Min when I get up, when I come back, she's in my spot. If I come into the room for any reason after having been gone for any length of time, if she's in the room, she's either in the window or in my spot. She's decided it's the best spot in the house.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

I have two computer desks with office chairs in different rooms. Our younger cat can detect, no matter where she is, when I've stepped away from my current chair, and she races to it to occupy it and gain control. She has "her own" chair just beside mine, but that doesn't matter. I'm sure it's not that she wants the chair, but would rather play the game. She does like to strop her claws on the leather of either chair.l