Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141
Results 4,201 to 4,209 of 4209

Thread: SpaceX

And that's third launch of the year for SpaceX, just 24 days in.

Yup, with another StarLink launch NET January 29.

Time: TBD

Methinks the term is "a blistering pace."

Icing on the cake: the 10 Starlinks on Transporter-1 have laser satellite links

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1353408098342326276
    Last edited by docmordrid; Yesterday at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
    I'm afraid your information is faulty, Transporter-1 launched, first stage landed, and second stage is currently dropping off the payload bit by bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScHI1cbkUv4
    I took that from the NASA web site
    I am because we are
    (African saying)

Classic throwaway rockets are like throwaway aircraft. Small rockets are like private jet, useful if only you needs to be exactly there exactly then. A large reusable rocket rideshare is like an airliner. The latter two could coexist. Exceptions aside, the former will go extinct.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

I'm thinking the small launcher folks were not pleased by Transporter-1 going so well.

Yes, Iíve read analyses that there is room in the market for maybe two small rocket launcher companies, but probably not three, and perhaps just one. There are companies with some interesting technology approaches, but that might end up being sold to SpaceX or someone else when they go out of business. Rocket Lab, if they get their own reusable booster working, likely could outcompete the others, except for large rocket rideshares. They already are looking like the SpaceX of small rockets.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

Speaking of launch cadence, between Transporter-1 and the next Falcon 9 launch in 4 days, they will try an SN9 test flight today.
    With sufficient thrust, water towers fly just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Rijn View Post
    Yes, I’ve read analyses that there is room in the market for maybe two small rocket launcher companies, but probably not three, and perhaps just one. There are companies with some interesting technology approaches, but that might end up being sold to SpaceX or someone else when they go out of business. Rocket Lab, if they get their own reusable booster working, likely could outcompete the others, except for large rocket rideshares. They already are looking like the SpaceX of small rockets.
    Basically there will be a market for those who don't want to wait for a rideshare, or who want orbits that don't fit any available rideshare. Virgin Orbit's flexibility may well give them a niche alongside Rocket Lab. I can also see one of the Chinese small sat launchers surviving simply because China won't want to use western launchers.

Flight Readiness Review: GO for launch

Road barricades going up

@BocaChicaGal setting up her camera gear

Weather/fog could cause a scrub.
    Last edited by docmordrid; Today at 05:34 PM.