Thread: Which is best platform for mobile app development? Android or iOS?

Which is best platform for mobile app development? Android or iOS?

Hi guys,

There are lots of mobiel app development platforms are available. But I want to develop an app based on popular platform and which is also in trend. I googled almost a whole day to search that which is the best platform, than I got two options Android and iOS. But, now I am very confused that which is the best in both of them?
    Suggest me and share your knowledge with me regarding mobile app development platforms.

Both are trending platform, Android and iOS. It depends on your app that which type of app you are going to develop? What are its features and functionality and objects? If you provide me more details than I can suggest best from both of them. By the way both are the best platform.

The general wisdom is that iOS is better for making money while Android is better for number of users (if the app is free or less expensive). However, this may or may not be accurate, and it is extremely dependent on the market in question and what sort of app you're dealing with.

If you're not sure, then either is good to develop for.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacKuo View Post
    The general wisdom is that iOS is better for making money while Android is better for number of users (if the app is free or less expensive). However, this may or may not be accurate, and it is extremely dependent on the market in question and what sort of app you're dealing with.

If you're not sure, then either is good to develop for.
    The app which I am going to develop is belong to Entertainment category. Its a game whcih you can play without internet connectivity in your device.
    Last edited by solutioncdn; 2014-Jul-03 at 05:52 AM.

Here's a link about choosing the right platform in developing a mobile app: www(.)internetmarketingreach(.)com/choosing-right-platform-mobile-app-development/
    I hope it helps.

Both are best for mobile apps development. And which you use android or ios It's depend on you.

Android is now the world’s most commonly used smartphone platform and is used by many different phone manufacturers. iOS is only used on Apple devices, such as the iPhone and iOS' uniform design elements are sometimes seen as being more user-friendly. I used both iOS and android and I prefer iOS.

With a background in C++, you can pick up either, or both, fairly easily.

One more point you forgot it is that to develop for iOS you will need a Mac. Yes it is possible to run OSX in a VM, but it is not practical for development.

Chances are that you are currently on Wintel ( or possibly Linux ) making android development easy to give a whirl free of charge. I recommend giving it a go. Any and all experience with mobile development can be used on other platforms, more or less.

If you do have a Mac, then that is the obvious path to take, depending of course on how much cash you want to invest at this point.

Use the equipment and platform(s) you own and see what seems like a path you want to stay on.

Also, developing for one platform does in no way exclude developing for other platforms.

In fact, if you can, develop cross platform.

I am suggesting you both, you can choose either IOS or android. They both are good in their own era. If you want a phone that is functional for your needs and success than you should go for Android. Android is better because it is generally more user friendly. And most of people think IOS is better, because Apple is a trendy lifestyle brand. And people choose more for the cool factor than do for the actual function. It depends on you which category is in your comfort zone.

I hope it helps you out.

This generic thread seems to be just a magnet for spammers. Closed.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules