Thread: Star Party - Northeast Ohio

Star Party - Northeast Ohio

For those of you living in Northeast Ohio (or who wish to travel there), the Lake Metroparks annual Super Star Party is this Saturday, August 9th.

http://www.lakemetroparks.com/progra...tarParty.shtml

Have fun with astronomy while looking up into the sky at the annual Super Star Party. It’s a celebration of astronomical proportions! Stargazers of all ages can catch a good view of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Also, see the moon, planets, stars, and solar system with telescopes and expert guidance provided by the Chagrin Valley Astronomical Society (weather permitting).

Jay Reynolds, a research astronomer at Cleveland State University is the featured presenter for the evening. Reynolds is a former member of the NASA Glenn Research Speakers Bureau and is a regular contributor to radio & television stations in the Cleveland, Akron, Youngstown and Toledo markets. FOX 8 News refers to him as our area’s most visible scientist

All aboard for a ride on a miniature steam engine as you take the “Red Light Express Train Ride”. Trains are provided by the Lake Shore Live Steamers and ride times are selected at registration. Train rides are weather permitting.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    For those of you living in Northeast Ohio (or who wish to travel there), the Lake Metroparks annual Super Star Party is this Saturday, August 9th.
    At least the weather forecast looks better than the last time I tried.

Do you know if there is a deadline for registering? I didn't find it on the website.

Although; I was disappointed the stomp rockets are only for kids. Those things are fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    At least the weather forecast looks better than the last time I tried.

Do you know if there is a deadline for registering? I didn't find it on the website.

Although; I was disappointed the stomp rockets are only for kids. Those things are fun.
    Generally the deadline for registration is 24 hours, so I suspect you could register through Friday afternoon, but I don't know for sure. You could call 440-256-1404 for further information.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules