Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Come On!!!

Steelers Come On!!!

It's the third quarter and the Steelers are losing. By a touchdown. I can't remember when this last happened to us; sometime back in September I believe...
    Why God, why? Am I fated to never see my team actually win the Superbowl despite the fact that we just won the past 14 games in a row? *bangs head hard*
    NOOOOOOOO!
    So here we go Steelers pull yourselves together! I didn't grow up in a steel city with a football craze only to have you guys lose when you have everything going for you!

This game is getting really interesting. I can't believe the Jets missed those field goals.

In overtime and the Steelers have it... come on... come on...

EDIT to add: WE WON!!! \/ \/ \/
    Here we go, here we go, here we go Steelers here we go, Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super bowl! Here we go cheer the Steelers the black and the gold here we go town of Pittsburgh's heart and soul here we go Cowher power will get the job done this is the year we get that one for the thumb!

I was hoping that the Jets would get farther downfield and miss another field goal. That would have been funny.

=D> \/

Well, there goes another couple of months off my life. But as long as the Steelers win the Super Bowl, it'll be worth it.

I still have a sneaking suspicion that the football gods are just toying with me. But they did mess up in 2000 and let WVU win a bowl game, so there's always hope.

I was rooting for the Steelers too

now go Falcons!

My interest in the super bowl this year ended when the Bills were elminated. I live with a loud, obnoxious Bills fan. He's been a lot more quiet since the holidays ended

The Packers are gone, but big surprise. #-o

So are the Seahawks.

Guess I'll root for the Eagles.

Re: Steelers Come On!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChesleyFan
    The Packers are gone, but big surprise. #-o

So are the Seahawks.

Guess I'll root for the Eagles.
    Ah, Randy Moss, the Dennis Rodman of the NFL... :roll:

Go Patriots!!!!

GO VIKINGS

PATRIOTS!

Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by A Thousand Pardons
    Whheeett! multiple repetition of sports endorsements posts, with color and caps! Penalty on Zap--no post season wins for your favored team for next two years. You'll know better next time.
    Aw, C'mon Ref ...

Where are your [Bad Word Deleted] Glasses?

When do I get a Superbowl team? I live in Arizona where the Cardinals have had one 9 and 7 season, one 8 and 8 season, and fifteen losing seasons since they moved here in 1988.

Oh, well. I lived in Pittsburgh in '75 and '76 during the Steelers' first two Superbowl wins. I guess I shouldn't be greedy.

GO COLTS!!

i'm rooting for either the Colts or the Steelers to win the superbowl....and maybe ATL

So are the Eagle's going to win the NFC championship this time, or will Vick's legs be too much?

Vick will be too much

Pat's D is stifling the MVP Manning

Quote Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox
    PATRIOTS!
    Based on the effectiveness of this penalty, it looks like ATP's one of those illegitimate refs that go around stealing people's beer.

Another masterful job by the Pat's offense, defense, and Bill Belichick & crew. One fan's sign said it all

This Is NOT Peyton's Place
    The CBS coverage was quite useful. Their constant commercials for their Sunday night line-up, repeated about every three minutes, and in one case causing them to get back to the game late so viewers missed most of the Brady running touchdown play, convinced me not to watch any of the shows in the CBS Sunday night line-up.

Next: tearing the steel curtain to shreds.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksutov
    PATRIOTS!
    Based on the effectiveness of this penalty, it looks like ATP's one of those illegitimate refs that go around stealing people's beer.
    Hey, my stealing beer has nothing to do with it. The penalty will be enforced on the next season.

BTW, have you seen my glasses?

One fan's sign said it all
    This Is NOT Peyton's Place
    Actually, the one I liked best was:
    Make
    Vacation
    Plans

:P =D>

PATRIOTS!
    Hey, my stealing beer has nothing to do with it. The penalty will be enforced on the next season.

BTW, have you seen my glasses?
    Have you Tried, on The Top of your Head?

:^o

8-[

oops they were on the bar

Quote Originally Posted by Andromeda321
    In overtime and the Steelers have it... come on... come on...

EDIT to add: WE WON!!! \/ \/ \/
    Here we go, here we go, here we go Steelers here we go, Pittsburgh's goin' to the Super bowl! Here we go cheer the Steelers the black and the gold here we go town of Pittsburgh's heart and soul here we go Cowher power will get the job done this is the year we get that one for the thumb!
    I'm sorry to inform you, but the Patriots, not the Steelers, are going to lose to Philly in the Super Bowl.

So are the Eagle's going to win the NFC championship this time, or will Vick's legs be too much?
    Vick's legs will be irrelevant, since he will be spending the entire game on his butt.

You're the pride and joy of illinois chicago Bears bear down!!!

Btw, the steelers get completely screwed by the refs more often than any other team. The debacle of a game vs the pats in 2002 was a reffing disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Careless

Btw, the steelers get completely screwed by the refs more often than any other team. The debacle of a game vs the pats in 2002 was a reffing disgrace
    Maybe in previous years (I recall a particularly onerous touchdown call in the playoffs against the Raiders in the late 80's that helped convince the league to have video replay), but this year the Steelers have tended to come away on the better end of the stick. The game against the Giants was particularly noteworthy, since all the major calls (non-personal foul on a tackle out of bounds, a key roughing the passer call, and the game ending non pass interference call) went the Steelers way.

I'll be rooting for the Stillers (correct pronunciation ), but they'll have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets. What with the interceptions, bad punt coverage and the Jets missing two field goals, it seemed like neither team deserved to win.

Every team can point numerous cases where officiating cost them a game or a season. I admit that it is nice to feel paranoid and that everybody is out to get Us, but in the end everyone gets screwed once in a while. Ask any Philly sports fan who is old enough to remember, and they will tell you about Leon Stickle.

I'm rooting for My Eagles. BTW, my daughter says that I don't have to tell her who won. If they won or are winning, I refer to them as My Eagles. If they lose or are losing, I call them Those Eagles. And if they are tied, its The Eagles. I am the ultimate fair-weather fan. I get lots of exercise jumping on and off the bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by pghnative
    Quote Originally Posted by Careless

Maybe in previous years (I recall a particularly onerous touchdown call in the playoffs against the Raiders in the late 80's that helped convince the league to have video replay), but this year the Steelers have tended to come away on the better end of the stick. The game against the Giants was particularly noteworthy, since all the major calls (non-personal foul on a tackle out of bounds, a key roughing the passer call, and the game ending non pass interference call) went the Steelers way.
    That was an officiating travesty! Perhaps if the Pittsburgh secondary, realizing that nothing was going to be called, had started breaking the arms and legs of the Giants' receivers, the back, side, and field judges might have thrown a hankie or two.

Quote Originally Posted by pghnative
    I'll be rooting for the Stillers (correct pronunciation ), but they'll have to play a lot better than they did against the Jets. What with the interceptions, bad punt coverage and the Jets missing two field goals, it seemed like neither team deserved to win.
    Plus that Berger looked a little raw.

Go Patriots!

That was an officiating travesty! Perhaps if the Pittsburgh secondary, realizing that nothing was going to be called, had started breaking the arms and legs of the Giants' receivers, the back, side, and field judges might have thrown a hankie or two.
    Well, as long as the cornerback is looking back for the ball, the NFL will pretty much allow you to do some arm breaking.

Personally I thought that was the correct call. The late hit call earlier in the game was pretty bogus, though. The NFL treats its quarterbacks like fine china.

Plus that Berger looked a little raw.

Go Patriots!
    Yeah, he'd better get some sizzle if the Steelers are going to have a chance.

Well Andromeda, I guess that you are bummed now that the steelers lost.

Look at it this way, they only lost one game all season long--how many teams can say that?

No, I do not know anything about football, that last statment was based entirely on Andromeda's opening statment. I truely have no idea (and nor do I really care) how many teams had a perfect season through the playoffs.

Good luck to both teams in the Superbowl. I hope we have no "wardrobe malfunctions" this year during halftime. I wonder if more people will watch the game this, just so they can catch something--either to enjoy watching or to act highly offended at having seen.

I also wonder if the streaker will be back this year. You know the guy who did the jig? He received a high fine here in Houston for his indecent exposure at last years superbowl.