Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moon Pictures making me dizzy

wow ! i thought it was only me who was not a astronaut or something like that but was very much interested and excited about moon ! i must tell ya i feel like im in the right place ! i have read many weird things about moon and seen some people who believe in things like moon signs ( apparently moon and sun are in a unique position when a person is born and some people relate it to their personality !!! its something serious !) or even werewolf's story ! but nothing is like lookin at a full moon in a clear sky

I love to study everything related to the moon, I have a moonstone that suits my zodiac sign, I also have a moonstone earring, I read a lot about astrology, the position of the planets, etc. I also believe in different lunar signs, events that are interconnected, and so on.
    besides that, I believe in other things as well, such as aliens, Bigfoot, mermaids, etc. I mean, how can you think that man is the only intelligent being in the entire galaxy? or how can people deny the existence of mermaids and kraken, if 5% of the entire ocean has been studied? the same goes for the moon, space and everything else. how much is there outside of our mind, it's even hard to imagine

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyKarina View Post
    besides that, I believe in other things as well, such as aliens, Bigfoot, mermaids, etc. I mean, how can you think that man is the only intelligent being in the entire galaxy? or how can people deny the existence of mermaids and kraken, if 5% of the entire ocean has been studied?
    Hello, StacyKarina, welcome to the board. This is a rarely used part of the board, you would probably do better by posting an intro in the new member thread:

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/showthr...ad-(Continued)

and a post like this would probably get more notice in this section:

https://forum.cosmoquest.org/forumdi...Topic-Babbling

But to respond to your question, I, for one, am interested in evidence, not belief or faith on these issues. I donít believe or disbelieve in aliens in the galaxy. They may exist, but there is as yet no evidence for them. Bigfoot has a similar problem, thereís no evidence for them, either directly or any examples of fossils or other related evidence. Mermaids have an additional issue - depending on the description you go by, how could they even be physically plausible?

By the way, I donít deny their existence - I see nothing to deny. Rather, I donít accept they exist without evidence. The person making a claim has the burden of proof. If you want me to accept their existence, show evidence. There is a line, ďThat which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidenceĒ appropriate here.

Again, welcome to the board, I do like seeing people with different views, it makes for interesting discussion.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." ó Abraham Lincoln

I say there is an invisible elf in my backyard. How do you prove that I am wrong?

The Leif Ericson Cruiser

I don't like it when I can't see a clear picture and have to strain my eyes and concentrate to see the whole picture and some details in the picture, but in the end all I get is pain in my eyes and a feeling of nausea