Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Middle-aged kit building

I think he was making a full sized Mars lander mock up wasn't he?

My dad has quite the collection of HO/1:72/1:76/25mm and 15 mm figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=OIUmcC2lX2Q

Click the link to see a virtual tour of his war room.
    Solfe

I've also started a kit. It's an Alpine A310 V6. The nifty thing about it is it's in 1:1 scale and it comes assembled. You just need to completely disassemble it, fix stuff, and then hope you can put it back together. So far I'm in step 3 of the manual: getting the fuel tank out.

Oh, and the manual only contains the disassembly instructions.

Hah! Back when I was interested in model railroading, one of the magazines had the monthly Dremel Kitbashing Award, for taking a kit and "bashing" it into something else. One month the winner was a steam locomotive, "in 12 inches to the foot" scale. A railroad had acquired a steam locomotive from one that was going out of business, and restored it to operational condition. It wasn't a type that they had ever operated, so they gave it the characteristics it WOULD have had if they had used it.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by AGN Fuel View Post
    is there some greebling on the S-II? I'm rather struggling to identify some of the structures. ��
    I have no idea where their suggested livery has come from. It bears no relationship to any of the Saturn V stacks I have ever come across. It's certainly not even close to the AS-506. 😡

I have no idea where their suggested livery has come from. It bears no relationship to any of the Saturn V stacks I have ever come across. It's certainly not even close to the AS-506. 
    It's the SA-500F paint scheme, if it's the same as the 1/96 version.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    It's the SA-500F paint scheme, if it's the same as the 1/96 version.

Grant Hutchison
    Yes, that looks like the same livery. How curious. 🤔

Yes, that looks like the same livery. How curious. 樂
    I think it was the only complete Saturn V in existence at the time the kit was produced. There are a lot of other early details on the kit that didn't last until Apollo 11 - eight ullage rockets on the S-II interstage, for example.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note:
    During life, we all develop attitudes and strategies to make our interactions with others more pleasant and useful. If I mention mine here, those comments can apply only to myself, my experiences and my situation. Such remarks cannot and should not be construed as dismissing, denigrating, devaluing or criticizing any different attitudes and strategies that other people have evolved as a result of their different situation and different experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by grant hutchison View Post
    I think it was the only complete Saturn V in existence at the time the kit was produced. There are a lot of other early details on the kit that didn't last until Apollo 11 - eight ullage rockets on the S-II interstage, for example.

Grant Hutchison
    Well, I guess they have only had 50-odd years to reflect the livery and configuration actually flown... ��
    Last edited by AGN Fuel; 2019-Feb-14 at 07:01 AM.

Well, I guess they have only had 50-odd years to reflect the livery and configuration actually flown... ��
    And they keep making "lunar landing anniversary" reissues of the same old tooling, with pictures of the moon landing on the box art.

Grant Hutchison
    Blog

Note: