Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
Results 1,111 to 1,117 of 1117

Thread: Whatcha Eatin?

A donair made from a kit and some potato salad after spending the morning unloading a truck of furniture.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Yesterday, The Wife made us a caprese salad with burrata for a light lunch. For dinner, I made us ceviche with halibut, shrimp, and scallops.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I lunched on a salad with lettuce and little tomatoes from my very own little garden! Oh, and then I discovered that the little plum tree that's never done anything since we bought this place in 1997 has gone and produced these!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Plum_Crazy.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	25469

Trivial stuff that bugs/amuses me: I took that picture in landscape format, although with the camera pointed mostly straight down. When I put it on the computer it showed up portrait in the file manager, then opened in landscape in the editing program. The thumbnail shows as landscape in my other forum, but portrait here. I can't wait to see how it'll look after I post and click on it.

ETA: Wow! It was portrait as I was composing the post, and now that I'm editing it. But the thumbnail shows up landscape and then goes portrait when you click on it!
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

A really early cup of coffee and oatmeal, went to bad really early and woke up early as well. It is going to be an long day I will have to stay in town all day because my mother has to got to a funeral. Probably a sub or burger for lunch.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

We are having the grandkids ( 4 & 6) l over for a sleepover during the school holidays and asked them if they wanted Sushi for lunch. As it is a favourite of both of them there was an enthusiastic response. We let them choose and they both said that they only liked avacado ones. My wife then bought some teriyaki chicken and crispy chicken ones for us.

When it came time for their lunch I was outside in the garden. I went in for my lunch to find that not only had they demolished their avocado ones but they had suddenly decided that they liked chicken Sushi as well and ate most of them as well. They did leave us a couple of pieces. (My wife was with them so they didn't 'snatch' the chicken ones but asked politely - ish for them. It is actually nice to see their tastes expanding all the time.)

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    We are having the grandkids ( 4 & 6) l over for a sleepover during the school holidays and asked them if they wanted Sushi for lunch. As it is a favourite of both of them there was an enthusiastic response. We let them choose and they both said that they only liked avacado ones. My wife then bought some teriyaki chicken and crispy chicken ones for us.

When it came time for their lunch I was outside in the garden. I went in for my lunch to find that not only had they demolished their avocado ones but they had suddenly decided that they liked chicken Sushi as well and ate most of them as well. They did leave us a couple of pieces. (My wife was with them so they didn't 'snatch' the chicken ones but asked politely - ish for them. It is actually nice to see their tastes expanding all the time.)
    Just because I'm not that familiar with sushi outside Japan, are they rolls, like crispy chicken in the middle, surrounded by rice, and then surrounded by nori? Or are they like onigiri (triangle-shaped)?
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Just because I'm not that familiar with sushi outside Japan, are they rolls, like crispy chicken in the middle, surrounded by rice, and then surrounded by nori? Or are they like onigiri (triangle-shaped)?
    The first type not onigiri.

Edit: If you are interested here is a link to the menu - it is just a small shop in the local shopping centre.

https://www.zomato.com/perth/sushi-sushi-willetton
    Last edited by ozduck; 2020-Oct-05 at 02:47 PM.