Thread: For those still interested, NASA's 1977 Moon Hoax response

ftp://ftp.hq.nasa.gov/pub/pao/media/...ar_landing.pdf

(P.S. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it) [img]/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Here's the NASA Kids version, sort of a lightspeed Cliff's Notes, just hitting the high points.
    http://kids.msfc.nasa.gov/News/2001/...oonLanding.asp

The Apollo program is fun to watch, but be sure to not believe it!

<a name="20020706.4:5"> page 20020706.4:5 aka 3D Tv I
    On 2002-07-06 07:32, Looter wrote: To: 5 CAUAC 13 TZEC
    This page requires a disconnected Timex ZX81
    in order to smell the electron's emmision's!
    I did not see the cost of production in the kids version..
    nor the number on the payroll. so I'll use
    the number i heard on NOVA's "to the moon"
    which was 20 billion and contrast that to
    one week in June when I bought an IBM call option
    IBM then announced "EXPECTATIONS" and that week the market valuation {$#/sharePrice} declined 25 billion 240 million ? believe what you like . HUb'

The Apollo program is fun to watch, but be sure to not believe it!

Do you actually have any evidence for anything you've said, or do you only know how to hurl invective? In other words, please give us some reason why you think someone should pay attention to what you think.

Duh, what are we doing here? The only reason you vain fools are here is because you people care more about what people like me believe than about reality. You've "proven" that it's impossible to get me to comprehend that you have a monopoly of the truth and at the same time you've proven that going to the Moon is possible. Yet you waste your silly time doing the impossible when it's obvious that the benefits of doing the possible are far greater than getting an idiot like me to agree with you, and even if I did believe in the Man on the Moon it wouldn't be any more real. Unlike you I take my beliefs seriously and I don't imagine for a second that what you believe matters because I have the real world on my side. Your silly fantasies have faded into nothingness and you are left vainly needing to "prove" that you aren't a fool. I accept your "proofs" that you incapable of comprehending the limitations of your own understanding and I realize that someone as narrow minded as you are is capable of believing my side for the same narrowminded reasons that you believe in your absurd nonsense about the Man on the Moon. So getting you on my side doesn't benefit me in any way. Actually I want you vain fools to try out your silly fantasies in the real world, hey I could even be wrong and you could really return to the Moon, that would be fine by me. As far as I can tell I'm the only person who actually wants to go to the Moon, you are all satisfied with your vain fantasies. Your problem is that you can't tell the difference between fantasy and reality, but don't take my word for it, try your fantasies out in the real world, You could be right, on the other hand then you would have to face the possibility that you are wrong, and if you could face that possibility you wouldn't need to be here "proving" that you can't possibly be wrong.

As I said, Looter, do you have any evidence for any of your claims, or are you just going to hurl insults?

Methinks Looter is trying to get banned...

Looter, I've read your rambling rant twice... I'm still not sure what your point is, do you even have one?

One of the advantages of running your own board is getting the last word:

On 2002-07-06 11:19, Looter wrote:
    Unlike you I take my beliefs seriously and I don't imagine for a second that what you believe matters because I have the real world on my side.
    Then why do you keep posting here? Well, nevermind, because you received one warning already about ad hominems and insults. You don't get a second one.

If you run one of Looter's posts (any one of them) through a semantic analyzer, it will look something like:

On 2002-07-06 11:37, Rift wrote:
    Methinks Looter is trying to get banned...
    Methinks Looter rejects Apollo because he simply hates the idea of men being on the Moon.

The sad thing is that Looter will take the criticism he got here, and getting banned, as more conformation of his own beliefs. I can hear him now. He'd just say that it's proof that we are closed minded, living in a dream world, and can't handle the "truth".

And being "persecuted" for his thoughts just confirms to him how on-target he is, because any fool knows the "truth" is what the conspiracists don't want. So either we're part of the conspiracy or unwilling dupes of it, and either way, he comes out (in his own mind) as the lone figure fighting a losing battle for justice.

Sometimes you just can't win.

On 2002-07-06 11:19, Looter wrote:
    [...]the benefits of doing the possible are far greater than getting an idiot like me to agree with you[...]
    Sounds like BA took his advice and we can now focus our energies on "the possible". Good riddance!
    --Tommy