Thread: Vague Seti@home and Einstein@home questions

Smile Vague Seti@home and Einstein@home questions

Hello. Are you able to 'easily' alter the software packages when you download them so they don't do the job in (just) screen saver mode or at all? ie. I would like to consciously have the option of say general internet surfing and simply turn the program on while I am doing so.. or off?

Also, is there a way to 'supercharge' my computer or the program so the @home program can maximize its functioning on my computer?

Tanks
    SC

Quote Originally Posted by Gorn View Post
    Hello. Are you able to 'easily' alter the software packages when you download them so they don't do the job in (just) screen saver mode or at all? ie. I would like to consciously have the option of say general internet surfing and simply turn the program on while I am doing so.. or off?

Also, is there a way to 'supercharge' my computer or the program so the @home program can maximize its functioning on my computer?

Tanks
    SC
    The screensaver is just a screen saver. You can turn that off. Under General settings, you can limit how much processor Boinc gets, including none. There is also the option of killing the process or turning off Boinc as a startup item.

In theory, you could overclock your machine, but most generic computers don't do well overclocked.
    Solfe

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain."