Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where would a real UFO thread go?

Quote Originally Posted by Noisy Rhysling View Post
    I remember back when, maybe 15 years ago, a big stir came up about "unknown lights" off the coast of South America,
    Maybe the Mexico DOD FLIR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgdt3vTi4c

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    If you're offering is as substantiation of ET visitation.
    If you ever see me posting anything like that, suspect my account is hacked.

Found an IR clip with two balls, from the twin engines

https://youtu.be/WlWQsW4ZZfQ?t=70

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    I think you're right about this. Presumably, scramble codes are military secrets, and so whether fighters were scrambled or not, probably the Chilean government would not want to publicize it because they don't want other people to know how fast they can (or can't) get fighters into the air.
    Sorry Jens, I missed this post. I'm not sure what you mean by a "scramble code". Peacetime QRA response times are not really secret, and they're usually 5 or 10 minute after receiving the telephone call. No Whatsapp yet, I think. Pilots (and crewchiefs) will usually be sleeping close to the airplanes, but need to put on g-suit before jumping in the cockpit. Most pre-flight checks will have been done already though. One or two minute alerts may require a pilot sitting in the cockpit. Not a great way to spend the weekend, but spending it in a shack attached to the concrete aircraft-shelter on an otherwise deserted airbase isn't much better... Most pilots in the squadron where I served disliked QRA duty. But maybe all these things are different in Chile, I've never been there.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

This is an interesting "UFO" write-up
    http://www.jamesoberg.com/china-em-ufo-1982-draft-2.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by publiusr View Post
    This is an interesting "UFO" write-up
    http://www.jamesoberg.com/china-em-ufo-1982-draft-2.pdf
    You sure are generous calling that a write-up.. it hurts the eyes! He used to visit here occasionally when we were still big on debunking Apollo hoaxers. Anyway, one of the drawn images reminded me of the Norwegian Spiral that was hyped up for a while.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

It probably really was an unidentified "flying" object, since it was no doubt a rocket launch.

The latest bunch of military videos ... well ... i's either the US military are all idiots, it's fake, or something is going on that is unknown

Maybe all three at the same time!

O’muamua—whatever it was—went to astronomy, same as the Great Daylight Fireball.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabyte View Post
    The latest bunch of military videos ... well ... i's either the US military are all idiots, it's fake, or something is going on that is unknown
    Well, I think the answer is that various mundane but confusing events are occurring, and some members of the military are misidentifying them. Other parties are taking these events and blowing them up out of all proportion, sometimes for profit. There is no suggestion of fakery, but plenty of evidence of error. Note that you do not have to be an idiot to make an error.

Where do the UFO aliens post? It's mainstream and not conspiratorial for them. We need another forum section.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabyte View Post

Maybe all three at the same time!
    It might be helpful if you linked to the videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Where do the UFO aliens post? It's mainstream and not conspiratorial for them. We need another forum section.
    Please save the humor for Fun-n-Games.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
    Life in space

They don’t have LOOK magazine anymore either.