Thread: Bad Astronomy has moved!

Bad Astronomy has moved!

This happened back in January, but I only just found out about it because I gave up on the BA after he moved to Slate. He's now at something called SyFy Wire, at http://www.blastr.com/tags/bad-astronomy. Perhaps I'll give him another try.

Am I wrong to be annoyed that he's so totally forgotten about this forum that it didn't even occur to him to notify us here?
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
    This happened back in January, but I only just found out about it because I gave up on the BA after he moved to Slate. He's now at something called SyFy Wire, at http://www.blastr.com/tags/bad-astronomy. Perhaps I'll give him another try.

Am I wrong to be annoyed that he's so totally forgotten about this forum that it didn't even occur to him to notify us here?
    No.

Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Collaborators of Cosmoquest, does this mean a joint collaboration in the worlds of science related interest or the other meaning of collaborating with a less friendly associate? I'm not looking to argue or point fingers or demand any information on past associations but a clear separation from the past, from what was then and what this forum's name plate is now might help. There is no umbilical cord still attached is there? Having the "Bad Astronomy" label isn't really needed is it? When you click on the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today icon: nothing happens. That says something.
    Last edited by DukePaul; 2017-Mar-19 at 06:17 PM.
    Just because you're a genius doesn't make you a smart guy

Light:

Universe Today: COSMOQUEST: TAKING CITIZEN SCIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL

Universe Today is one of the partners for CosmoQuest, along with Phil Plait from Bad Astronomy and the BAUT Forum (Bad Astronomy Universe Today forum) that Fraser Cain and Phil created for online discussion.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    ATM is so 20th Century.

I don't care what the formal association is. I care about basic manners.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by DukePaul View Post
    Collaborators of Cosmoquest, does this mean a joint collaboration in the worlds of science related interest or the other meaning of collaborating with a less friendly associate? I'm not looking to argue or point fingers or demand any information on past associations but a clear separation from the past, from what was then and what this forum's name plate is now might help. There is no umbilical cord still attached is there? Having the "Bad Astronomy" label isn't really needed is it? When you click on the Bad Astronomy and Universe Today icon: nothing happens. That says something.
    When I clicked on it, it went to the front page of the forums...