Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Artificial satellites and ISS

And the "antics" are disproportionately represented in the visuals we see from the ISS, because people like to look at antics, and less so at a few hours of lab work.
    It's like judging the work of a large hospital by the movies the staff post on their personal Facebook pages: "What's with all the drinking games, skiing and children's parties? Aren't these people serious about their work?"

Grant Hutchison

Here is an ESA story about a typical day for an ISS astronaut

After eating, astronauts settle down to the assigned tasks of the day, either supervising experiments or performing routine maintenance on station equipment.
    Here is a NASA webpage to links for ISS flight plan timelines from 2000 to 2014 (I'm not sure where more recent ones are)

I arbitrarily picked the PDF file for the Flight Plan Timeline for 12 Nov 2014. As best as I can tell, there were no scheduled antics.
    Last edited by Swift; 2017-Jun-22 at 09:44 PM. Reason: typo
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    As best as I can tell, there were no scheduled antics.
    This is NASA's least popular children's book: "A Day Without Scheduled Antics."

Quote Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
    This is NASA's least popular children's book: "A Day Without Scheduled Antics."
    It is "funny" you should say that, but when I googled "typical work schedule of iss astronauts" (which is how I found all those links), a lot of links are to NASA pages with particular educational activities for children, with regard to astronauts and the ISS.

One such webpage (with further links)

A linked webpage on "Eating in space"
    Through that there are further linked pages and videos, targeted to educators, broken down by grades (Kindergarten to 4th grade, 5th to 8th grade, etc.).

I assume that is approaching the OP's antics of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by gunzlepug View Post
    Instructions...orders...compliance... not the most endearing traits of a forum.

This evidently is not a place to ask and discuss unless one is making an absolute conspiracy stand then. The conspiracy, according to you, may be mine or someone else's. Well, let's see... How about the notion some folk have that "satellite's don't exist"? I've seen that one bandied about.
    Is it really bandied about? I have to confess I've never heard it... Are you seriously suggesting that satellites don't exist?
    As above, so below

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Is it really bandied about? I have to confess I've never heard it...
    It's bandied about in the corners of the internet that sort of stuff is bandied about in. Quite a popular notion with flat-earthers, for reasons you can imagine.

Grant Hutchison

It's possibly less common that the "Moon Hoax" conspiracy, but enough people crop up with it from time to time. It's about on a par with people who think there's no way we can know how old Earth is, or how long ago dinosaurs lived, so scientists invented a timeline. It's not super prevalent, but if you ask around, you'll find one or two people who believe it.

CJSF
    "I found my mind on the ground below. I was looking down, it was looking back.
    I was in the sky, all dressed in black.
    See the constellation ride across the sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm.
    Just a guy made of dots and lines."
    -They Might Be Giants, "See The Constellation"

lonelybirder.org

Well, let's see... How about the notion some folk have that "satellite's don't exist"? I've seen that one bandied about.
    You've seen that one "bandied about?" Or is that what you actually believe? It seems like what your threads are all leading to, but you seem reluctant to simply state and defend that conspiracy. Personally I'm tired of the insinuation and innuendo, and I do not mean to try to put words in your mouth, but is that what you actually believe or are leaning to? Do you believe that satellites do not exist, and if so, how do you explain the fact that I have personally tracked, recorded, and determined the orbits of satellites (and to your other thread, my experience tracking satellites includes tracking the Curiosity Rover (Mars Science Laboratory) and verifying its Mars-bound trajectory after launch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pErWq41L8bk )?

ISS expeditions last a long time. Crew members are expected to blow off some steam. NASA learned what happens on long-duration missions without downtime during Skylab 4, by far the longest U.S. manned mission to date. (Yes, it's Wikipedia, but it's a decent article.).

Plus, as has already been pointed out, the hijinks get disproportionate airplay.

How about the notion some folk have that "satellite's don't exist"? I've seen that one bandied about.
    I wonder if I can use "wackadoodle" to describe a really idiotic idea?, because the idea that there are no satellites is really irrational.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by NGCHunter View Post
    Do you believe that....
    Perhaps an actual conspiracy could be presented, here, because right now I have no idea what gunzlepug is claiming.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Instructions...orders...compliance... not the most endearing traits of a forum.

This evidently is not a place to ask and discuss unless one is making an absolute conspiracy stand then. The conspiracy, according to you, may be mine or someone else's. Well, let's see... How about the notion some folk have that "satellite's don't exist"? I've seen that one bandied about.
    Since gunzlepug is vague about whether he/she is actually advocating a conspiracy they actual believe in, and since the vague questions raised have been addressed, this thread is closed. If someone has a reason to reopen this thread, Report this post and give your reasons.