Thread: Re-introduction

Re-introduction

...so after a prolonged absence from this board, I found myself posting this morning...so apparently I've re-joined the board...

Heaven help us...

It's good to see you, and I hope you can keep your temper!

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

welcome back RAF.
    ...I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    You cannot run away from the truth, the world is not big enough. DI Jack Frost
    Don't Panic THGTTG
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Einstein
    http://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Glad to have you back!

CJSF
    "I found my mind on the ground below. I was looking down, it was looking back.
    I was in the sky, all dressed in black.
    See the constellation ride across the sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm.
    Just a guy made of dots and lines."
    -They Might Be Giants, "See The Constellation"

lonelybirder.org

If you advance each letter in RAF by one, it spells YES!

I could be rong.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    No ATM forum is better than our ATM forum.

Ya know, I don't know what I was expecting, well, I hadn't really considered that anyone would answer, so thank you all so very much for the well wishes. You can't imagine how much they are appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    ... and I hope you can keep your temper!
    Just between you, me and the tree?, I am under medication, and haven't felt this good in many years.

I think I'm finally allowing myself to be happy, and it's touching every aspect of my life.

If I'm not careful, I'll get all maudlin...

Welcome home. I can sympathize with the medicine situation. It can make a world of difference.
    "I'm planning to live forever. So far, that's working perfectly." Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by R.A.F. View Post
    ...so after a prolonged absence from this board, I found myself posting this morning...so apparently I've re-joined the board...

Heaven help us...
    Welcome back!
    Solfe, Dominus Maris Pavos.

You were gone?

(Punch line to an obscure joke.)

Welcome back.
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by ignorance or stupidity.
    Isaac Asimov

You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They donít alter their views to fit the facts. They alter the facts to fit their views.
    Doctor Who

Moderation will be in purple.
    Rules for Posting to This Board

R.A.F. and I live in the same, tiny foothills burg. I can report that since he has returned to posting on CQ no local restaurants have burned down, wanton acts of vandalism are virtually non-existant, the nightly temperatures have remained under 80F and the local doughnut shop remains open. I'm not saying there is a link to these items with R.A.F. being off the streets, but let's keep him on CQ for a while...just in case. Oh, all the trash cans on my street were knocked over during the night. For now, I'll blame the local bears, though.
    Last edited by ABR.; 2017-Jun-22 at 03:14 PM. Reason: burg, not berg
    So many bugs, so little time.

Just between you, me and the tree?, I am under medication, and haven't felt this good in many years.

I think I'm finally allowing myself to be happy, and it's touching every aspect of my life.

If I'm not careful, I'll get all maudlin...
    I'm glad it's working for you. All the best.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Noclevername View Post
    Welcome home. I can sympathize with the medicine situation. It can make a world of difference.
    The world of difference it made was a big surprise...that (in my case) chronic mild to moderate depression is actually easily treatable and once you acknowledge that there is a problem, and that treatment is available, and that you actually seek out that treatment, well, the difference in the quality of life is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by ABR. View Post
    R.A.F. and I live in the same, tiny foothills burg.
    This is, of course, correct.

I can report that since he has returned to posting on CQ no local restaurants have burned down, wanton acts of vandalism are virtually non-existant, the nightly temperatures have remained under 80F and the local doughnut shop remains open.
    While it is true that a local restaurant (housed in an old train station, I believe) had a fire back a few weeks ago....that wasn't me, I was asleep.

...and when Dolly-O's deep frier went out recently, and there were no donuts for a few days, it wasn't because I broke in the night before to make some "midnight donuts".

I'm not saying there is a link to these items with R.A.F. being off the streets, but let's keep him on CQ for a while...just in case.
    ...as a wise man once said...what, me worry?

Oh, all the trash cans on my street were knocked over during the night. For now, I'll blame the local bears, though.
    I was sure I saw a baby bigfoot the other night...turned out to be a dog...

....and it's like the fifth time it's happened.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Gillianren View Post
    I'm glad it's working for you. All the best.
    I'm hopeful. I do know that there is some difference in my basic way of looking at things...it's actually really a very subtle effect.
    The facts, gentlemen, and nothing but the facts, for careful eyes are narrowly watching. Isaac Asimov

The world of difference it made was a big surprise...snip... well, the difference in the quality of life is surprising.
    ...it's actually really a very subtle effect.
    These statements seem contradictory. My explanation?....ummm I don't know.

Belated welcome back...

Thanks...still getting re-accustomed, but doing good...

Quote Originally Posted by 01101001 View Post
    If you advance each letter in RAF by one, it spells YES!

I could be rong.
    PYD?

hapPY Day

Thanks...still getting re-accustomed, but doing good...
    i see you are in great form in the Conspiracy Theories subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by gzhpcu View Post
    i see you are in great form in the Conspiracy Theories subforum.
    Thanks...if I can keep out of trouble, then I'll be happy.

I have noticed that in my latest incarnation, I am more active on more of the board.

Fact is I have about 20 thread ideas I intend to start, but I don't want to flood the board by starting them all at once.

I like seeing you back in action R.A.F. You've got the bite and the wit, but with 50% less angst! :-D

CJSF
    "I found my mind on the ground below. I was looking down, it was looking back.
    I was in the sky, all dressed in black.
    See the constellation ride across the sky. No cigar, no lady on his arm.
    Just a guy made of dots and lines."
    -They Might Be Giants, "See The Constellation"

lonelybirder.org

Quote Originally Posted by CJSF View Post
    I like seeing you back in action R.A.F. You've got the bite and the wit, but with 50% less angst! :-D

CJSF

Thanks...I'm shooting for at least 80%.